Alexander Dennis Enviro350H
|Alexander Dennis Enviro350H|
First Essex Alexander Dennis Enviro350H
in May 2013
|Body and chassis|
|Floor type||Low floor|
|Transmission||BAE Systems HybriDrive (hybrid system)|
|Curb weight||19 tonnes|
The Alexander Dennis Enviro350H was a hybrid-electric powered single-decker bus manufactured by Alexander Dennis between 2010 and 2013. It was the first Alexander Dennis bus model which was only sold as a hybrid-electric vehicle, the Enviro200H, 400H and 500H models having diesel-powered equivalents.
The Enviro350H has its powertrain located at the nearside of the rear overhang, similar with the full-low-floor buses in Europe. It can be equipped with BAE Systems' HybriDrive series-hybrid system with a Cummins ISBe engine as generator.
The bus was targeted for sale in Continental Europe and Australia. The first bus with Tata Hispano Habit bodywork was unveiled at the FIAA 2010 trade show in November 2010, this bus and another similar vehicle were sold for use in the Canary Islands. Another was bodied in Australia by Custom Coaches and evaluated by the State Transit Authority for 14 months from March 2011. It was later purchased by Torrens Transit.
- ADL aims for Europe with 19 tonne hybrid Bus & Coach Professional 17 November 2010
- Tata Hispano and Alexander Dennis deliver two hybrid buses in Gran Canaria Tata Hispano 19 December 2011
- Australian brochure Alexander Dennis
- Hybrid Bus Trial Final Report Rare Consulting August 2012
- Torrens Transit Australia Bus Fleet Lists
- Stagecoach orders more low carbon buses Stagecoach 19 March 2013
- Alexander Dennis Enviro 350H Bus Lists on the Web
- An operator's bus: Alexander Dennis Limited's new Enviro400 Bus & Coach Buyer 12 May 2014
Media related to Alexander Dennis Enviro350H at Wikimedia Commons