Alexander Fuller-Acland-Hood, 1st Baron St Audries
The Lord St Audries
|Parliamentary Secretary to the Treasury|
8 August 1902 – 4 December 1905
|Prime Minister||Arthur Balfour|
|Preceded by||Sir William Walrond, Bt|
|Succeeded by||George Whiteley|
|Born||26 September 1853|
|Died||4 June 1917(aged 63)|
Hon. Mildred Eveleigh-de-Moleyns (m. 1888)
Alexander Fuller-Acland-Hood, 1st Baron St Audries PC (26 September 1853 – 4 June 1917), known as Sir Alexander Fuller-Acland-Hood, Bt, until 1911, was a British Conservative Party politician. He served as Parliamentary Secretary to the Treasury (Chief Whip) under Arthur Balfour from 1902 to 1905.
Fuller-Acland-Hood was the son of Sir Alexander Acland-Hood, 3rd Baronet, by his wife Isabel, daughter of Sir Peregrine Palmer-Fuller-Acland, 2nd Baronet. He was a descendant of Alexander Hood, uncle of Lord Hood and Lord Bridport. He succeeded his father in the baronetcy in 1892. In 1905 he also succeeded his kinsman as 6th Baronet of Hartington Hall.
Fuller-Acland-Hood sat as Member of Parliament for Wellington, Somerset from 1892 until 1911. He was appointed Vice-Chamberlain of the Household under Lord Salisbury in 1900, a post he held until 1902, and then served as Parliamentary Secretary to the Treasury (Chief Whip) under Arthur Balfour from August 1902 until 1905. He was sworn of the Privy Council in 1904 and raised to the peerage as Baron St Audries, of St Audries in the County of Somerset, in 1911.
Lord St Audries married the Hon. Mildred Rose Evelyn, daughter of Dayrolles Blakeney Eveleigh-de-Moleyns, 4th Baron Ventry, in 1888. They had two sons and two daughters. He died in June 1917, aged 63, and was succeeded in his titles by his eldest son, Alexander. Lady St Audries died in October 1949.
- thepeerage.com Alexander Fuller-Acland-Hood, 1st Baron St. Audries
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "W" (part 2)
- "No. 27254". The London Gazette. 7 December 1900. p. 8303.
- "No. 27497". The London Gazette. 21 November 1902. p. 7533.
- "Mr Balfour´s Ministry - full list of appointments". The Times (36842). London. 9 August 1902. p. 5.
- "No. 27735". The London Gazette. 15 November 1904. p. 7361.
- "No. 28512". The London Gazette. 11 July 1911. p. 5168.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by Alexander Fuller-Acland-Hood, 1st Baron St Audries
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
| Member of Parliament for Wellington
| Vice-Chamberlain of the Household
The Lord Wolverton
Sir William Walrond, Bt
| Parliamentary Secretary to the Treasury
|Baronetage of the United Kingdom|
(of St Audries)
Edward Dolman Scott
(of Hartington Hall)
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
|New creation|| Baron St Audries