|Born||27 February 1964|
|FIDE rating||2555 (June 2017)|
|Peak rating||2630 (January 2002)|
He was a joint winner of the Soviet Championship semifinal at Sevastopol in 1986 (a qualifier for the 1987 First League Final). Other tournament successes include winning the Philadelphia's World Open in 1998 and 2001. In 2003 Goldin won the American Continental Chess Championship in Buenos Aires edging out on tiebreak score Giovanni Vescovi, after both players scored 8.5/11.
- Alexander Goldin FIDE rating history, 1972-2001 at OlimpBase.org
- Crowther, Mark (2003-09-01). "TWIC 460: Panamerican Continental Championships". The Week in Chess. Retrieved 10 January 2016.
- Vescovi, Giovanni. "Alexander Goldin Continental American Champion". New In Chess (2003/7): 58.
- Men's Chess Olympiads: Alexander Goldin OlimpBase
- Alexander Goldin chess games at 365Chess.com
- Alexander Goldin player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Henderson, John B. (13 January 2003). "They're coming to America". ChessBase.com.
|This biographical article relating to an American chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|