Alexander Ivanov (chess player)
Alexander Ivanov (born May 1, 1956) is a Soviet-born American chess grandmaster. Born in Omsk, he was joint US champion in 1995 (with Nick de Firmian and Patrick Wolff), and Pan American champion in 1998. In 2007 he tied for first place with Julio Granda, Varuzhan Akobian, Darcy Lima and Eduardo Iturrizaga in the American Continental Championship in Cali.
He played for the Soviet team in the World U26 Team Championship in 1978, winning the team silver medal, and in 1980, taking two gold medals. Ivanov played for the US team in the 2002 Chess Olympiad.
- Top Player Bios: GM Alexander Ivanov. United States Chess Federation.
- "Julio Granda gana el Continental de América en Colombia" (in Spanish). ChessBase. 2007-07-23.
- Alexander Ivanov team chess record at Olimpbase.org
- Alexander Ivanov rating card at FIDE
- Alexander Ivanov chess games at 365Chess.com
- Alexander Ivanov player profile and games at Chessgames.com
|United States Chess Champion
1995 (with Nick de Firmian and Patrick Wolff)
|This biographical article relating to an American chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|