Alexander Ivanov (singer)
Ivanov in March 2017
|Also known as||Ivan, Sasha Ivanov|
|Born||29 October 1994|
|Associated acts||Nikolai Noskov|
Alexander Ivanov (Russian: Алекса́ндр Ивано́в, IPA: [ɐlʲɪkˈsandr ɪvɐˈnof]; Belarusian: Алякса́ндр Івано́ў, romanised: Aliaksandr Ivanoŭ, born 29 October 1994), also known as Ivan, is a Belarusian-Russian singer. He represented Belarus in the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 with the song "Help You Fly". Ivanov was also to represent Russia in the Intervision Song Contest 2015 but the contest never happened.
It was reported in the Belarusian media that Ivanov intended to perform his entry naked with two wolves on stage. His producer tried to get permission to get wolves on stage, considering the "no live animals" policy of the competition. Organizers didn't allow either request, but the presentation included animated scenes of wolves appearing on screen. Ivanov performed his song "Help You Fly" on May 12, 2016 in Eurovision's second semi-final, but failed to qualify to the May 14, 2016 final.
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|Krest I Ladon'||2015|
|"Help You Fly"||2016||200||Non-album singles|
- Vasilyev, Mikhail (22 Jan 2016). "Belarus: IVAN will sing "Help You Fly" at Eurovision 2016". Wiwibloggs.com.
- Granger, Anthony (15 June 2014). "Russia: Alexander Ivanov Wins "Five Stars"". Eurovoix.com. Retrieved 15 June 2014.
- "Rules of the Eurovision Song Contest". European Broadcasting Union. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- "Belorussian singer IVAN will perform naked in Eurovision". Archived from the original on 2016-03-23. Retrieved 22 March 2016.
- Honciuc, Bogdan (6 April 2016). "IVAN and Lidia Isac Bond Over Moldovan Roots in Moscow". Wiwibloggs.
|Awards and achievements|
Uzari & Maimuna
| Belarus in the Eurovision Song Contest
with "Historyja majho žyccia"
|This Belarusian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a Russian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|