Alexander Paul Klöpping
Alexander Klöpping in 2012
|Occupation||entrepreneur, consultant, columnist, student|
|Known for||IT consultant for Dutch-language media|
|Television||De Wereld Draait Door|
Alexander Paul Klöpping (Dutch pronunciation: [aːlɛkˈsɑndər pʌul ˈklɵpɪŋ]; born 21 January 1987) is a Dutch internet entrepreneur specializing in consumer electronics, blogging, and is also a print and online journalist and speaker. Klöpping studies new media at the University of Amsterdam and is a self-described nerd. He is consulted by Dutch-language media for his expertise. He himself states that his expertise is "relative".
Klöpping started an online company, The Gadget Company, at 16 years of age. In 2005, he went to the United States to study, for half a year at a university-oriented to the Democratic Party and another half year at one oriented towards the Republican Party and participated in political campaigns of both parties. He wrote a thesis about the Barack Obama campaign. Starting in March 2008, he wrote for Dutch financial journalist Jort Kelder's website 925.nl, became editor a few months later and stayed in that position until June 2009.
In 2011, he published the book Wikileaks, alles wat je niet mocht weten ("Wikileaks, everything you weren't allowed to know").
In 2013, Klöpping founded the Universiteit van Nederland ("University of the Netherlands"), that organizes and publishes lectures. That year, Klöpping himself taught three classes on the television series DWDD University about the history, present and future of Silicon Valley. Klöpping is a co-founder of Blendle, a platform with articles of thirty major Dutch newspapers and magazines. At Blendle, launched in April 2014, readers pay per article.
- "'Hard werken om Hyves relevant te houden'" (in Dutch). De Telegraaf. 1 November 2010. Archived from the original on 23 February 2014. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- "Alexander Klöpping - Sprekers - CONGRES" (in Dutch). MWG. Archived from the original on 22 May 2011. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- "De samenleving ver'nerd'iseert". spitsnet.nl. Archived from the original on 1 August 2009.
- Alexander Klöpping over iPhone wekker, radiofragment Ruud de Wild
- 'Het voelt alsof ik in een snoepwinkel ben', interview Brabants Dagblad
- Terugblik: De show van woensdag 8 december (2010), Coen en Sander Show
- Imagoschade T-Mobile 'uit de lucht gegrepen', Volkskrant
- Het Feest van de Democratie, 3VOOR12
- Alexander Klöpping: ‘Ik ben geen autoriteit’, interview De Pers
- Interview (video), Sanoma
- Economie voor het VMBO Archived 30 May 2012 at Archive.is, NTR School TV
- Kijktip | De Wereld Draait Door, interview Televizier
- Adviseurs Mediafonds
- “Democratische televisie” Alexander Klöpping (Vakjury) over de TV Lab Kijkerspitch, TV Lab
- "Vanaf vandaag: anoniem lekken naar media via doorgeefluik Publeaks". volkskrant.nl. Retrieved 22 February 2014.