|Education||LLM, George Washington University, Ph.D., St. Kliment Ohridski University|
|Occupation||Economist, Academic, Author|
Alexander Vassilev Mirtchev (Bulgarian: Александър Василев Мирчев) (April 28, 1957) is an economist, academic, macroeconomic advisor and author. He is currently a Senior Scholar at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, Executive Chairman of Royal United Services Institute for Defence and Security Studies (RUSI) International and president and founder of Krull Corp. USA.
Early life and education
Mirtchev is an American born in Sofia, Bulgaria. He earned an LLM degree in international and comparative law from George Washington University and a PhD from St. Kliment Ohridski University (also known as Sofia University). In addition, he studied economics and finance at the London School of Economics and Political Science at Boston University as well as Harvard Business School.
Mirtchev is an academic and has served as a fellow and member of numerous universities and educational institutions, including his role as American Founding Council Member of the Kissinger Institute on China and the United States. In addition, he has served as a Senior Fellow of the Russian and Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, as Doctor Emeritus of the University of Foreign Trade and Finance, Ukraine, and as a member of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences.[not in citation given]
Alexander Mirtchev is Executive Chairman of the Royal United Services Institute for Defense and Security Studies International (RUSI) and Vice President of the Royal United Services Institute for Defence and Security Studies (RUSI), London. He is also the president of Krull Corp. USA. He is a Board Director and Member of the Executive Committee of the Atlantic Council of the United States, and Wilson National Cabinet Member at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars.[not in citation given] He serves as an independent member of the advisory board of Washington & Jefferson College's Center for Energy Policy and Management, independent director of the sovereign wealth fund Samruk-Kazyna and has served as director of the Law Offices of Stewart & Stewart.
Media and Publications
Mirtchev has appeared as an economics analyst by BBC News, Reuters, Bloomberg, European Energy Review, CNBC, Al Jazeera English, Voice of America, E&ETV, Focus Washington, The Globalist, Europe’s World, and RealClearWorld, among other publications and television news programs. He is the author of a number of articles and has served as editor and publisher of a range of academic and professional journals. He also co-authored the Atlantic Council of the United States/RUSL report “Global Perspectives on Europe’s Strategic Future.” Mirtchev wrote the introduction to the Russian-language edition of Lee Kuan Yew's memoirs, From Third World to First, The Singapore Story, 1965-2000, while the forward to the book was written by Henry Kissinger. Mirtchev is presently a Forbes contributor and often writes about alternative energy technologies.
- "Krull Corporation - Dr. Alexander Mirtchev". Retrieved 23 July 2013.
- "Why the G20 was very 'productive'". CNBC. September 9, 2013.
- "Wilson Center". Archived from the original on May 5, 2012. Retrieved 23 July 2013.
- "RUSI Council". Retrieved 23 July 2013.
- "Krull/About Us".
- Hourani v Mirtchev, Lexis/Nexis LEXIS 65665, *20 (D.D.C. May 2013) United States Courts Opinions Judge Thomas F. Hogan (United States District Court District of Columbia May 2013).
- "Dr. Alexander Mirtchev".
- "Atlantic Council of the United States".
- "President of Krull Corp. Appointed to W&J’s Center for Energy Policy and Management Advisory Board".
- "Sovereign funds join forces for strategic investment". Reuters. 18 August 2009.
- "Steward and Stewart All Publications".
- "Alexander Mirtchev and Haruhiko Kuroda on BBC World News on Japan's Economy". BBC News. April 16, 2013. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- "Bloomberg Interview with Alexander Mirtchev".
- "CNBC - G8 Summit's Overarching but Limited Policy Output". CNBC. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- Khan, Riz (May 11, 2010). "The Impact of Greece's Downturn". Al Jazeera English. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- "Economic and Financial Crisis in Emerging Markets". Voice of America. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- "Russia-Ukraine Gas Dispute". E&ETV. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- "Focus Washington: Alexander Mirtchev".
- "Global Perspectives on Europe's Strategic Future". Atlantic Council of the United States. December 4, 2012. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- "From Third World to First: The Singapore Story".
- Mirtchev, Alexander. "Alternative Energy and Global Security in the Aftermath of Rio+20". Forbes.