Rudensky received his Candidate of Sciences degree in 1986 from the Gabrichevsky Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology, Moscow, and completed his postdoctoral work at the Yale School of Medicine. He is now the Chair of the Immunology Program and Director of the Ludwig Center at Memorial Sloan Kettering, as well as a professor at the Rockefeller University, Cornell University, Gerstner School of Graduate Studies, and Weill-Cornell Medical School.
In a 2003 paper, Rudensky and colleagues showed that Foxp3 programs regulatory T cell development. His lab continues to investigate the molecular mechanisms underlying regulatory T cell activity, and the role these cells play in autoimmunity, tumor immunity, and immunity to infections.
- 2012 Member of the National Academy of Sciences
- 2015 Member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- 2015 William B. Coley Award
- 2017 Crafoord Prize in Polyarthritis
- 2018 Vilcek Prize in Biomedical Science
- "Rudensky, Alexander". Library of Congress. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- "JCI's Conversations with Giants in Medicine: Alexander Rudensky". Youtube. 22 August 2016. Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- Fontenot, Jason D.; Gavin, Marc A.; Rudensky, Alexander Y. (1 April 2003). "Foxp3 programs the development and function of CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells". Nature Immunology. 4 (4): 330–336. doi:10.1038/ni904. ISSN 1529-2908. PMID 12612578.
- "MSK center". Ludwig Cancer Research. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- King, Christopher. "The 2015 Thomson Reuters Citation Laureates". Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- "The Alexander Rudensky Lab". Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- "Alexander Rudensky". National Academy of Sciences. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- "Newly Elected Members, April 2015" (PDF). American Academy of Arts and Sciences. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- "William B. Coley Award". Cancer Research Institute. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- "Polyarthritis - Crafoordprize". www.crafoordprize.se. Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- Fontenot, Jason D.; Rasmussen, Jeffrey P.; Williams, Luke M.; Dooley, James L.; Farr, Andrew G.; Rudensky, Alexander Y. (2005). "Regulatory T Cell Lineage Specification by the Forkhead Transcription Factor Foxp3". Immunity. 22 (3): 329–41. doi:10.1016/j.immuni.2005.01.016. PMID 15780990.
|This biographical article related to medicine in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a biologist from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|