Alexander Zaitchik outside of Pittsburgh, PA in the Spring of 2016
|Born||Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.|
Alexander Zaitchik is an American freelance journalist who has written for The Nation, Salon, The New Republic, the New York Observer, Rolling Stone, Mother Jones, Foreign Policy, the International Herald Tribune, Wired, the San Francisco Chronicle, and The Believer. He has been on staff of the New York Press, the eXile in Moscow, and founded the online magazine Freezerbox (1998–2008) and an alternative newspaper in the Czech Republic, the Prague Pill. He is the author of three books, Common Nonsense: Glenn Beck and the Triumph of Ignorance, The Gilded Rage: A Wild Ride Through Donald Trump's America, and Out of the Ooze: The Story of Dr. Tom Price.
His first book, Common Nonsense: Glenn Beck and the Triumph of Ignorance, was published by John Wiley & Sons in June 2010. Political philosopher Mark Lilla called the book, a "sharp and informative smackdown."  His second book, "The Gilded Rage: A Wild Ride Through Donald Trump's America" was published by Skyhorse Publishing in August 2016. Writing in the Sacramento Bee, syndicated columnist Ben Boychuk called the book “[o]ne of the most important and overlooked books of the 2016 campaign season.”  His third book, Out of the Ooze: The Story of Dr. Tom Price was published by Strong Arm Press as an eBook in June 2017.
- Calderone, Michael (25 January 2010). "Beck Bio Out in June". Politico. Retrieved 25 January 2010.
- Lilla, Mark (9 December 2010). "The Beck of Revelation". The New York Review of Books. Retrieved 25 June 2017.
- "The Gilded Rage A Wild Ride Through Donald Trump's America". Skyhorse Publishing. Skyhorse Publishing. Retrieved 30 May 2017.
- Boychuk, Ben (9 November 2016). "Six reasons why Donald Trump won the White House". sacbee.com. The Sacramento Bee. Retrieved 25 June 2017.
- "Out of the Ooze: The Story of Dr. Tom Price". Strong Arm Press. Retrieved 10 July 2017.
- Official Website
- Articles by Zaitchik
- Facebook Page
- Zaitchik Archive, Salon
- Zaitchick Archive, The Nation
- Zaitchik Archive, The eXile
Further reading by Alexander Zaitchik
- "Interview: Alexander Zaitchik on his new biography of Glenn Beck, Common Nonsense", The Washington Post
- "Meet Alex Jones", Rolling Stone
- "'To get the gold, they will have to kill every one of us'", Salon
- "San Pedro's Key", The Revealer
- "James Bond and the killer bag lady", Salon
- "Greenland Dispatch: Europe's Last Colony And The Big Melt", The New Republic
- "Where Did David Brooks Get the Bizarre Idea That the Tea Party Crowd Resembles '60s Movements?", History News Network
- "The Zealot: Larry Pratt Is the Gun Lobby's Secret Weapon", Rolling Stone
- "Illusions of Grandeur", Foreign Policy
- "After the Deluge", The New Republic
- "A hippy song for a political ad? Only Bernie Sanders can pull that off", The Guardian
- "American Shaman: The Incredible Story of Lucas Weiss", Men's Journal
- "At Trump’s Coronation, Alex Jones Is King", The New Republic
- "Why the Fuck Is No One Talking About Nukes?", Vice Media
- "On Native Grounds", The Baffler
- Alexander Zaitchik on "The Church of Beck" – July 15, 2010 appearance from Countdown with Keith Olbermann
- Zaitchik on Common Nonsense: Glenn Beck and the Triumph of Ignorance – interview by Democracy Now!
- "Book Discussion on Common Nonsense: Glenn Beck and the Triumph of Ignorance". www.c-span.org. C-SPAN. 8 July 2010. Retrieved 29 March 2015.
- "Author’s wild ride through Donald’s Trump’s America" - August 27, 2016 interview on MSNBC
- "The Gilded Rage Exposed" - October 6, 2016 interview on RT (TV network)
|This article about an American journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|