|Born||April 30, 1951|
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
|Genres||Light jazz, classical|
He is the son of a Greek mother and a Serbian émigré father who left the war-torn Yugoslavia before Tito's communists took over. He was educated in Windsor where he graduated from University of Windsor in 1975 and continued studying with Ervin Monroe, a distinguished first flutist with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra.
Throughout the 1980s, continuing to live in Windsor with his wife, Lorraine, and son, Alex Jr., Zonjic performed regularly in Detroit-area clubs such as Baker's Keyboard Lounge, Alexanders, and Murdock's. He currently lives in Detroit, Michigan.
- 1978: Alexander Zonjic
- 1981: The Classical Album
- 1987: When Is It Real?
- 1988: Romance With You (Optimism)
- 1988: Elegant Evening (Inner City, 1988)
- 1991: Neon (Reprise)
- 1993: Passion (Reprise, 1993)
- 1995: Pipers Holiday (Hi-Falutin Music)
- 2001: Reach for the Sky (Heads Up)
- 2004: Seldom Blues (Heads Up)
- 2009: Doin' the D (Heads Up International)
- 2020: Playing It Forward (Hi-Falutin)
- Oosting, Jonathan (2009-07-10). "High flutin': Alexander Zonjic's musical journey and why purists are too hard on smooth jazz". MLive.
- Wilke, Steve (2015-08-27). "Multiple Choice". HOUR Detroit.
- email@example.com, Jonathan Oosting | (2009-07-10). "High flutin': Alexander Zonjic's musical journey and why purists are too hard on smooth jazz". mlive. Retrieved 2023-10-22.
- M. Moten, "Alexander Zonjic: Detroit's Adopted Son" Faces of Detroit Fall 2006
- Official website Requires Macromedia Flash.