|Born||July 28, 1986|
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, U.S.
Alexandra Chando (born July 28, 1986) is an American actress. She is known for her role as Maddie Coleman in the CBS soap opera, As the World Turns and for her dual role as identical twins, Emma Becker and Sutton Mercer in the ABC Family drama series, The Lying Game.
Chando is a native of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, where she graduated from Liberty High School. Her father, Steve Chando, has his own commercial roofing company in Bethlehem called CHM Contracting, and her mother, Rebecca, is a homemaker. She has two older brothers. She currently lives in New York City. Chando attended Manhattan College before becoming an actress.
Chando originated the role of Maddie Coleman on the television soap opera As the World Turns, which she played from 2005 to 2007 and again for several months beginning in late 2009 and ended in early 2010. Her experience of being cast on As the World Turns was chronicled in the episode "I'm Getting My Big Break" from the MTV documentary series, True Life. She received a 2007 Daytime Emmy Award nomination in the Younger Actress Category.
In 2009, Chando was cast as Deb in The WB web series Rockville CA from Josh Schwartz. She screen-tested with Robert Pattinson for the leading role in the 2010 film Remember Me, and auditioned for the role of Elena Gilbert, in The CW television series The Vampire Diaries. In 2011, she played Danielle Anderson in the web series Talent, which is based on the novel series by Zoey Dean. Later, Chando was cast as identical twins Emma Becker and Sutton Mercer in the ABC Family series The Lying Game, which ran for two seasons until it was cancelled by the network. After The Lying Game ended, she appeared on an episode of the television series Castle, playing "a Lindsay Lohan/Miley Cyrus type".
|2011||The Bleeding House||Gloria Smith / Blackbird|
|2002||House Blend||Jenna Harper||Unsold television pilot|
|As the World Turns||Maddie Coleman||Role held: July 27, 2005 – October 26, 2007; |
September 23, 2009 – February 10, 2010
|2006||True Life||Herself||Episode: "I'm Getting My Big Break"|
|2009||Sherri||Cab Passenger||Episode: "Dating Dad"|
|2010||Medium||Melissa Treynet||Episode: "Dead Meat"|
|2010||Glory Daze||Annabelle||2 episodes|
|2011–2013||The Lying Game||Emma Becker / Sutton Mercer||Lead role|
|2014||Castle||Mandy Sutton||Episode: "Limelight"|
|2015||Dead People||Pearl||Unsold television pilot|
|2016||Outcast||Lisa Peyton||Episode: "From the Shadows It Watches"|
|2017||The Vampire Diaries||Tara||Episode: "We Have History Together"|
|2017||Hawaii Five-0||Monique Sims||Episode: "Make Me Kai"|
|2017||Wisdom of the Crowd||Lizzie Moore||Episode: "Alpha Test"|
|2018||The Neighborhood||Chloe||Episode: "Welcome to the Dinner Guest"|
|2019||Sneaky Pete||Natalie Sheffield||3 episodes|
|2009||Rockville CA||Deb||Main role; 20 episodes|
|2011||Talent||Danielle Anderson||Main role; 10 episodes|
|2018||LPM, Likes Per Minute||Short film, also executive producer|
Awards and nominations
|2007||Daytime Emmy Award||Outstanding Younger Actress in a Drama Series||As the World Turns||Nominated|||
- "Alexandra Chando". Hollwyood.com. Retrieved December 23, 2016.
- Longsdorf, Amy (August 11, 2011). "Bethlehem's Alexandra Chando: 'One to watch'". The Morning Call.
- "Alexandra Chando - Biography". TV Guide. Retrieved July 9, 2016.
- Lee, Jennifer (Winter 2012). "Seeing Double". Hardly Magazine.
- Exclusive Interview With Alexandra Chando of The Lying Game. January 24, 2013 – via YouTube.
- "Alexandra Chando". in.com.
- "Alexandra Chando Biography". Fandango. Archived from the original on 2013-12-02.
- "Meet ATWT's New Maddie". Soap Opera Digest. July 27, 2005. Retrieved July 9, 2016.
Alexandra Chando debuts as Henry's youngest sister, Madeline "Maddie" Coleman, on AS THE WORLD TURNS July 27. Here is a sneak peek at Maddie and the 19-year-old Pennsylvania native who plays her.
- "Chando Wants Her MTV". Soap Opera Digest. May 4, 2006. Retrieved July 9, 2016.
MTV cameras have followed Alexandra Chando since she was cast as Maddie Coleman on AS THE WORLD TURNS last summer. Viewers can now see what it's like joining the soap when she appears on MTV's documentary series TRUE LIFE: I'M GETTING MY BIG BREAK, premiering May 4 at 10 p.m.
- Bonawitz, Amy (February 11, 2009). "34th Annual Daytime Emmy Winners". CBS News. Archived from the original on September 28, 2013. Retrieved May 24, 2013.
- Hale, Mike (March 16, 2009). "An Opportunity to Hype (and Mock) Indie Bands". The New York Times. Retrieved July 9, 2016.
The bespectacled, brunette Alexandra Chando, who plays the talent scout Deb, Hunter’s foil and probable future love interest, looks like a younger Tina Fey and rolls her eyes a lot.
- "Shows - Talent". Alloy Entertainment. Archived from the original on 2016-08-19. Retrieved July 9, 2016.
- Andreeva, Nellie (November 1, 2010). "TV Castings: Actors Board Two ABC Family Pilots And Fox Series 'Terra Nova'". Deadline Hollywood.
- "ABC Family Cancels 'The Lying Game'". The Hollywood Reporter. July 15, 2013. Retrieved April 16, 2018.
- Mitovich, Matt Webb (October 31, 2013). "Castle Scoop: The Lying Game's Alexandra Chando to Make Like Miley Cyrus". TVLine. Retrieved July 9, 2016.
- Erbland, Kate (February 1, 2018). "First-Ever Mammoth Film Festival Includes Tribute to John Wayne-Starring 'North to Alaska'". Indiewire. Retrieved April 9, 2018.
- Lunch, Jack (February 9, 2018). "Stars Come out in Mammoth". The Sheet. Retrieved April 9, 2018.
- Goldberg, Lesley (March 6, 2015). "'Lying Game's' Alexandra Chando to Co-Star in The CW's 'Dead People'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 9, 2016.