Alexandra Hills, Queensland
Redland City, Queensland
Alexandra Hills hotel, 2013
|Population||16,728 (2011 census)|
|• Density||1,221/km2 (3,162/sq mi)|
|Area||13.7 km2 (5.3 sq mi)|
|Location||22 km (14 mi) from Brisbane GPO|
Alexandra Hills sits between two major areas of Redlands, with Cleveland to the east and Capalaba to the west. Alexandra Hills itself is notable as the only enclaved suburb of the largely coastal Redland City.
Alexandra Hills State School opened on 28 January 1975.
St Anthony's School opened on 1 January 1980.
Vienna Woods State School opened on 29 January 1985. 
In the 2011 census, Alexandra Hills recorded a population of 16,728 people, 50.7% female and 49.3% male. The median age of the Alexandra Hills population was 35 years, 2 years below the national median of 37. 77% of people living in Alexandra Hills were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were New Zealand 5.8%, England 4.3%, South Africa 0.9%, Philippines 0.8%, Scotland 0.7%. 91.3% of people spoke only English at home; the next most common languages were 0.4% German, 0.3% Polish, 0.3% Filipino, 0.3% Italian, 0.3% Spanish.
- Alexandra Hills State High School
- Alexandra Hills State School
- Metropolitan South Institute of TAFE
- Hilliard State School
- Vienna Woods State School
- St. Anthony's Catholic Primary School
Alexandra Hills State High School
Alexandra Hills State High School is located on Windemere Road and is adjacent to the TAFE. The school is the home of 136 Army Cadet Unit - City of Redlands. Until 2010, it was the largest school in the City of Redland but rapid growth of enrolments at Cleveland District State High School have put Alexandra Hills into 2nd place since 2011.
- Two members of The Grates, an ACRA-nominated Indie band, were students;
- Brad Gustafson, a producer for Seven Network's Border Security: Australia's Front Line.
Graeme Duckham, international and local award-winning television producer. Among his many credits is the multi Logie winning television series Better Homes and Gardens. Graeme was the originating producer of BH&G., a world first in Masthead television.
- Valantine Shop
- The Red Shop
- Alexandra Hills Shopping Centre
- IGA X-Press
- Brisbane Stone Render
- Quick Fit Gym and Tyre fitting
- Hungry Jack's
- Red Rooster
- The Hills Montessori Long Day Care Centre
- Alexandra Hills Bombers Australian Rules Football Club
- Alexandra Hills Cricket Club
- Meteors Netball Club
Parks, bushland and recreation
- Windemere Road Park
- Coolwinpin Creek
- Valantine Park
- Community Centre
- Keith Surridge Oval
- Hanover Drive Park
- George Street Park
Windemere Road Park is the most developed park in Alexandra Hills. The most recent[when?] addition has been a climbing wall. It also hosts a flying fox, skate/bike bowl, basketball court and an off the leash area for dogs. The park itself stretches from Windemere Road to Cumberland Drive.
The George Street and Hanover Drive Parks also have dog offleash areas and there is a trial area in Valantine Park.
Alex Hills Hotel
Alexandra Hills is also home to the popular McGuire's owned venue 'The Alexandra Hills Hotel' or colloquially known as 'The Alex'. The hotel is situated on the outer edges of Alexandra Hills almost bordering nearby suburbs Wellington Point and Cleveland. The hotel is also home to the 'Squeeze Club', a weekend nightclub commonly referred to as 'The Pit'. It is located on the top level of the Hotel.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Alexandra Hills (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- "Alexandra Hills (entry 43626)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- "Opening and closing dates of Queensland Schools". Queensland Government. Retrieved 18 April 2019.
- "State school enrolments". Queensland Government data. Queensland Government. Archived from the original on 2 February 2015. Retrieved 26 September 2014.
- "Mobile Library". Redland City Council. Archived from the original on 31 January 2018. Retrieved 31 January 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alexandra Hills, Queensland.|