November 10, 1987
|Other names||Alex Hoffman|
|Education||South Dakota State University|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Title||Miss South Dakota Teen USA 2006|
Miss South Dakota State University 2008
Miss South Dakota 2008
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Miss Teen USA 2006|
Miss America 2009 (Top 15)
Hoffman won her first state pageant title in late 2006 when she was crowned Miss South Dakota Teen USA 2006, having placed in the semi-finals in pageant the year before. She later represented South Dakota in the Miss Teen USA 2006 pageant held in Palm Springs, California on August 11, 2006, but did not place. In the 2007 pageant, when she passed on her title to Kari Schull of Watertown, her sister Elizabeth placed second runner-up. Elizabeth won the Miss South Dakota Teen USA 2008 title the following year, making the Hoffmans the second sister pairing in four years to win the Miss South Dakota Teen USA title.
One week after her sister won Miss South Dakota Teen USA, Hoffman was crowned Miss SDSU, a local preliminary title for Miss South Dakota. She competed in the Miss South Dakota pageant in early June 2008, winning a swimsuit preliminary on 5 June, the talent preliminary award for her vocal performance on 6 June and the title on 8 June. She is the first Miss South Dakota Teen USA to win a Miss America state title, and the first of the Miss Teen USA 2006 delegates to win a second major pageant title. She and her sister reigned concurrently for five months. Her second runner-up was Alexis LeVan, who reigned as Miss South Dakota USA when Hoffman was Miss South Dakota Teen USA in 2006. Hoffman competed in the Miss America 2009 pageant in January 2009 where she made the top 15.
Hoffman graduated from Eureka (S.D.) High School in 2006 and was a student at South Dakota State University, where she holds a number of competitive swimming records. Her father Charles Hoffman was a member of South Dakota House of Representatives representing the 23rd district from 2009 to 2015, and her mother Holly Hoffman was a contestant on Survivor: Nicaragua. Hoffman is currently a traffic reporter for KETV in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Westerberg, Brittany (2007-11-07). "Miss SDSU, Miss Brookings winners crowned". The Collegian. Retrieved 2008-06-08.[permanent dead link]
- Associated Press (2008-06-09). "Miss South Dakota named". KMEG 14. Retrieved 2008-06-10.[permanent dead link]
- "Local takes home two awards at Miss S.D." The Daily Republic. 2008-06-09. Retrieved 2008-06-10.[permanent dead link]
- "Alexandra Hoffman Bio". South Dakota State University Athletics. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "Here she swims, Miss South Dakota 2008". Argus leader. 2008-06-15. Retrieved 2008-06-15.[permanent dead link]
- Kirschenmann, Jay (August 10, 2010). "Eureka native to be on 'Survivor: Nicaragua'". Argus Leader.[permanent dead link]
- "Alex Hoffman - KETV 7 News Team Story - KETV Omaha". KETV. Retrieved 2012-01-12.[permanent dead link]