Alexandra von Fürstenberg
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Alexandra von Fürstenberg|
|Born||Alexandra Natasha Miller
October 3, 1972
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Spouse||Prince Alexander von Fürstenberg
(m. 1995; div. 2002)
|Issue||Princess Talita Natasha
Prince Tassilo Egon Maximilian
|House||Fürstenberg (by marriage)|
|Father||Robert Warren Miller|
|Occupation||Image Director for DvF, President of Alexandra Von Furstenberg, LLC|
Alexandra von Fürstenberg (née Alexandra Natasha Miller, formerly Princess Alexandra von Fürstenberg, born October 3, 1972) is a furniture designer and the image director for DvF, the clothing label which was founded by her former mother in law, Diane von Fürstenberg, and helped revive the company’s famous 1970s wrap dress.
She is the youngest daughter of the American-born Duty Free shops businessman Robert Warren Miller and his Ecuadorian wife, the former Chantal Pesantes. She has two siblings, Pia Getty and Marie-Chantal, Crown Princess of Greece. The troika is popularly known as the Miller Sisters.
Alexandra worked for Diane von Furstenberg’s company as an image director.
On October 28, 1995, at the Church of St. Ignatius of Loyola in New York City, she married Prince Alexander von Fürstenberg (b. 1970), brother of Princess Tatiana von Fürstenberg and the only son of the fashion designers Diane von Fürstenberg and Prince Egon von Fürstenberg and a great-grandson of Giovanni Agnelli, the founder of Fiat. The couple had two children, Princess Talita Natasha (b. May 7, 1999) and Prince Tassilo Egon Maximilian (b. New York, New York County, New York, August 26, 2001), who is named for his paternal great-grandfather. They separated in 2002 and later divorced. She is the godmother of her nephew, Prince Constantine-Alexios of Greece and Denmark. On July 7, 2015, Alexandra married longtime fiancé, designer Dax Miller. The couple wed on the seventh anniversary of the start of their relationship.
Titles and styles
- 1972–1995: Miss Alexandra Natasha Miller
- 1995–2002: Her Serene Highness Princess Alexandra of Fürstenberg
- 2002–2015: Alexandra, Princess of Fürstenberg
- 2015-present: Mrs Dax Miller
|Ancestors of Alexandra von Fürstenberg|
- Carey Goldberg, 1995, "Quiet high-society wedding is a spectacle for gawkers," The New York Times (online), October 29, 1995, see , accessed July 14, 2015.
- Seven Americans who married royalty: "Alexandra Natasha Miller" retrieved January 15, 2012. Archived August 18, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- Alexandra Von Furstenberg LLC website, retrieved January 15, 2012.[better source needed]