Alexandre Herchcovitch (Portuguese pronunciation: [aleˌʃɐ̃dɾi heʁʃkoˈvitʃ], born 21 July 1971) is a Brazilian fashion designer. His designs have been at fashion shows in New York, Paris, London and São Paulo Fashion Weeks. Best known for avant-garde designs and eclectic prints, his trademark skulls became an icon of Brazilian youth in the 1990s.
Herchcovitch was born in São Paulo, Brazil. He is of Jewish descent; his grandparents immigrated to Brazil from Poland and Romania. He had his first contact with fashion through his mother, Regina, at the age of 10, when she gave him basic lessons of modelling and sewing at Herchcovitch's request. Regina started to wear the clothes he made in parties, which led him to sell his collections to friends. In his teens, Herchcovitch used to go to the alternative clubs of São Paulo nightlife, but at the same time he studied at a Religious Zionist Orthodox Jewish school, a conflict that had a strong influence over his work afterwards.
Selected products of his are sold in the United States, Canada, England, France, Spain and Australia. His first store in Tokyo has recently opened. Herchcovitch chose Tokyo where a good part of his collections are purchased and where he has become somewhat of a fashion guru. The 1,076 sq ft (100.0 m2) store, which sits in the hip Daikanyama district carries his men's, women's and denim collections and is operated in partnership with Japanese fashion distributor and retailer H.P. France.
- ""Tenho medo de não saber quando parar", diz Herchcovitch". FFW.uol.com.br. Retrieved 19 December 2018.
- "Brazilian fashion hots up". The Standard. July 4, 2005. Archived from the original on January 3, 2006. Retrieved February 21, 2007.
- "Estilo Moda Pernambuco lança sua terceira edição no Recife". Revista Algomais. 25 May 2018. Retrieved 20 March 2019.
- Alexandre Herchcovitch's Information Biographia
- Alexandre Herchcovitch's official website[permanent dead link]
- Alexandre Herchcovitch at FMD
- Alexandre Herchcovitch collections at style.com
- Alexandre Herchcovitch's 2008 Menswear Collection on JCReport. om 
|This biographical article related to fashion is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to the culture of Brazil is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|