Alexandria (given name)
|Pronunciation||// or /--/|
|Meaning||"defender of mankind" or "defender of men"|
|Related names||Alexander, Alexandra, Alex, Lexi|
Alexandria was the 257th most popular name for girls born in the United States in 2017. For the US in the years since 1900, it was most popular in 1993 when it ranked 69th. It was not in the top 1,000 girls baby names before 1969.
Notable people with this name include:
- Alexandria Constantinova Szeman, American author
- Alexandria Karlsen, American actress
- Alexandria Mills, American beauty pageant winner
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, American politician
- Alexandria Riordan, Polish-Irish-American figure skater
- Alexandria Town, Canadian wrestler
- "Alexandria". Collins Dictionary. n.d. Retrieved 24 September 2014.
- Hanks, Patrick; Hardcastle, Kate; Hodges, Flavia (2006). A Dictionary of First Names. Oxford paperback reference. Oxford University Press. p. 52. ISBN 978-0-19-861060-1. OCLC 67869278. Retrieved 5 May 2019.
- "Popular Baby Names". Retrieved 20 November 2018.
|given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.This page or section lists people that share the same|