Alexandria Again and Forever
|Alexandrie encore et toujours aka Alexandria again and forever|
|Directed by||Youssef Chahine|
|Produced by||French Ministry of Culture, La Sept, Ministere des Affaires Etrangeres, Misr International Films, Pa|
|Distributed by||Africa Film Library/M-Net|
|Language||Arabic,English sub titles|
Alexandria again and forever (French: Alexandrie Encore et Toujours) is the final entry in a trilogy of films by director Youssef Chahine. This 104-minute-long film is mainly in Arabic, with English-language subtitles. It was preceded by the films Alexandra...Why? (1978) and An Egyptian Story (1982). The film was selected as the Egyptian entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 63rd Academy Awards, but was not accepted as a nominee.
Following a violent outburst with Amr, his favorite actor, the director Yehia Eskandarany (Youssef Chahine) is forced to scrutinize his entire career under scrutiny. Nothing looks familiar any longer. His country and African cinema he loves so much, also looks strange. Little by little, while remembering his first film with Amr, Yehia traces the infiltration of the influential petro-dollar into the Egyptian cinema industry. But was it really money that caused the rift between him and Amr? Or was it the strikingly beautiful Nadia?
- List of submissions to the 63rd Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Egyptian submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- Pratt, Douglas (2004), Doug Pratt's: Movies, Television, Music, Art, Adult and More!, 1, UNET 2 Corporation, pp. 39–40, ISBN 1932916008.
- Margaret Herrick Library, Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
- Alexandrie encore et toujours aka Alexandria again and forever
- Trailer for Alexandrie Encore et Toujours
|This film article about a 1980s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|