Alexandria Municipal Airport
|Alexandria Municipal Airport
|Owner||City of Alexandria|
|Elevation AMSL||1,425 ft / 434 m|
Alexandria Municipal Airport (IATA: AXN, ICAO: KAXN, FAA LID: AXN), also known as Chandler Field, is a city owned public use airport located two nautical miles (3.7 km) southwest of the central business district of Alexandria, a city in Douglas County, Minnesota, United States.
Facilities and aircraft
The airport covers an area of 640 acres (260 ha) at an elevation of 1,425 feet (434 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 13/31 is 5,099 by 100 feet (1,554 x 30 m) and 4/22 is 4,098 by 75 feet (1,249 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending August 31, 2014, the airport had 25,500 aircraft operations, an average of 70 per day: 90% general aviation, 9% air taxi and 1% military. In September 2016, there were 50 aircraft based at this airport: 45 single-engine, 3 multi-engine, 1 jet and 1 ultralight.
- Bemidji Airlines (Minneapolis/St. Paul)
Several operations and/or businesses at the airport include the following:
- Alexandria Aircraft LLC - Parts dealer for Bellanca aircraft.
- Alexandria Aviation - Aircraft Sales, Rental, Flight Training, Chater, Fueling
- LifeLink III - 24/7 medical helicopter service
- On His Wings Flight Academy - Instrument flight instruction school
- Weber's Aero Repair - Aircraft repairs and restorations
- "Alexandria Municipal Airport (Chandler Field)" (PDF). Airport Directory. Minnesota Department of Transportation. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-12-07. Retrieved 2008-08-08.
- FAA Airport Master Record for AXN ( PDF), effective Sep 15, 2016.
- Alexandria Aviation, Inc., the fixed-base operator
- Aerial photo as of 27 April 1992 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for AXN, effective July 20, 2017
- Resources for this airport: