From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Alexandrine" is an adjective largely synonymous with "Alexandrian". It may refer to:
- An alexandrine is a twelve-syllable line of poetry; exhibiting slightly different characteristics in different languages:
- Alexandrine Le Normant d'Étoilles (1744-1754), daughter of Madame de Pompadour
- Alexandrine of Baden (1820-1904), eldest child of Leopold, Grand Duke of Baden and Sophie of Sweden
- Alexandrine of Mecklenburg-Schwerin (1879-1952), consort of King Christian X of Denmark
- Alexandrine Tinné (1835-1869), Dutch explorer in Africa
- Princess Alexandrine of Prussia (1803-1892), Grand Duchess of Mecklenburg-Schwerin
- Princess Alexandrine of Prussia (1842-1906), daughter of Prince Albert of Prussia
- Alexandrine-Caroline Branchu (1780-1850), French opera soprano
- Alexandrine parakeet (Psittacula eupatria), a mainly green parrot native to Southeast Asia
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Alexandrine.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.