Fedorov at the 38th Chess Olympiad, 2008
|Country||Soviet Union → Russia|
Belarus (since 1993)
|Born||September 27, 1972|
Mogilev, Byelorussian SSR, Soviet Union
|FIDE rating||2529 (April 2020)|
|Peak rating||2684 (January 2000) |
(No. 14 on the January 2000 FIDE ratings list)
Alexei Fedorov (Russian: Алексей Дмитриевич Фёдоров, Aleksey Dimitriyevich Fyodorov, Belarusian: Аляксей Фёдараў, Aliaksey Fyodarau; born 27 September 1972) is a Belarusian chess player. He was awarded the titles International Master in 1992 and Grandmaster in 1995 by FIDE. Born in Mogilev, after the dissolution of the Soviet Union, he briefly played for Russia and from 1993 for the Belarusian Chess Federation.
Fedorov won the Belarusian Chess Championship in 1993, 1995, 2005 and 2008 and participated in seven Chess Olympiads (1994, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 and 2008) with a performance of 54.3% (+22=32-16). Fedorov competed in the FIDE World Championship in 1999, 2000 and 2002. In 1999 he was knocked out in the fourth round, while in 2000 and 2002 he was eliminated in the first.
Selected tournament results
- Participated at the prestigious Corus chess tournament in 2001. Won by Garry Kasparov, Fedorov ended shared 10th place
- Shared first at Aeroflot Open, 2003 (third place on tie-break)
- First at the 4th Parsvnath International Open Chess Tournament in 2006 (with 9 points out of 10)
- Shared first at the Cappelle-la-Grande Open in 2013 (seventh on tiebreak)
- First at the Georgy Agzamov Memorial in Tashkent in 2019
- "Alexei Fedorov" (in Belarusian). Archived from the original on September 10, 2007.
- Alexei Fedorov team chess record at Olimpbase.og
- Corus Chess history - Tournament
- ChessBase.com - Chess News - 4th Parsvnath GM tournament in Delhi
- "Memorial of Georgy Agzamov finished in Tashkent". FIDE. 19 March 2019.
- Alexei Fedorov chess games at 365Chess.com
- Alexei Fedorov player profile and games at Chessgames.com
|This biographical article relating to a Belarusian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|