2 January 1992 |
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||210 lb (95 kg; 15 st 0 lb)|
|Detroit Red Wings
|NHL Draft||205th overall, 2011
Detroit Red Wings
Alexey Igorevich Marchenko (Russian: Алексей Игоревич Марченко; born 2 January 1992) is a Russian professional ice hockey defenceman for the Detroit Red Wings of the National Hockey League (NHL). Marchenko was drafted 205th overall by the Detroit Red Wings in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
During the 2009–10 season, Marchenko appeared in 43 games for CSKA's junior club, Red Army of the MHL, and recorded 11 goals and 12 assists as well as going scoreless in two playoff games for the club. He also appeared in 10 KHL games for CSKA Moscow and failed to register a point.
During the 2010–11 season, Marchenko recorded 38 points in 36 games for Red Army, along with three goals and eight assists in 15 playoff games, to help his club capture the Kharlamov Cup. He also appeared in 23 KHL games for CSKA, where he recorded two assists.
During the 2011–12 season, Marchenko skated in six games for CSKA Moscow in the KHL and was impressive in the MHL playoffs after missing most of the season, due to a knee injury. He was scoreless in his brief KHL stint. He skated in five regular season games for Red Army in the MHL, recording two goals and four assists. Marchenko was the leading scorer amongst defensemen for Red Army in the playoffs, finishing with four goals and 14 assists. The defending Kharlamov Cup champions, Red Army was defeated by Omskie Yastrebi in the MHL finals.
During the 2012–13 season, Marchenko played 44 games for CSKA Moscow in his first full KHL season. He recorded four goals and five assists. CSKA finished first in the Tarasov Division and swept Lev Praha before falling to Dynamo Moscow in the Western Conference semifinals. Marchenko saw limited ice time in seven playoff games; finishing with no points nor penalty minutes.
During the 2013–14 season, Marchenko was assigned to the Red Wings's AHL affiliate, the Grand Rapids Griffins. In his rookie season, Marchenko recorded three goals and 15 assists in 49 games. On 4 January 2014, Marchenko made his NHL debut in a game against the Dallas Stars. On 23 February 2014, in a game against the Milwaukee Admirals, Marchenko went feet-first into the boards, and suffered a severe high ankle sprain. An MRI revealed a fractured bone and a day later he had surgery in Grand Rapids where doctors inserted stabilizing screws into his ankle. As a result, he missed the remainder of the season.
On 1 July 2016, Marchenko signed a two-year contract extension with the Red Wings.
|World Junior A Challenge|
Marchenko represented Russia at the 2009 World U-17 Hockey Challenge, where he recorded three assists in five games.
Marchenko represented Russia at the 2016 IIHF World Championship, where he recorded one goal and two assists in ten games, and won a bronze medal. Marchenko again represented Russia at the 2016 World Cup of Hockey.
Regular season and playoffs
|2013–14||Grand Rapids Griffins||AHL||49||3||15||18||14||—||—||—||—||—|
|2013–14||Detroit Red Wings||NHL||1||0||0||0||2||—||—||—||—||—|
|2014–15||Grand Rapids Griffins||AHL||51||3||17||20||26||11||0||4||4||2|
|2014–15||Detroit Red Wings||NHL||13||1||1||2||2||3||0||0||0||0|
|2015–16||Grand Rapids Griffins||AHL||4||0||0||0||2||—||—||—||—||—|
|2015–16||Detroit Red Wings||NHL||66||2||9||11||10||3||0||0||0||10|
- "Alexei Marchenko player profile". hockeysfuture.com. 6 September 2013. Retrieved 6 September 2013.
- Beam, Todd (30 May 2013). "Red Wings sign Alexei Marchenko". Detroit Red Wings. Retrieved 30 May 2013.
- Kujawa, Kyle (4 January 2014). "Detroit calls up Marchenko from Griffins". Detroit Red Wings. Retrieved 4 January 2014.
- Wallner, Peter (26 February 2014). "Griffins all-star and top Detroit defensive prospect Alexey Marchenko lost for the season". MLive.com. Retrieved 26 February 2014.
- Roose, Bill (8 July 2014). "Marchenko wanted to be part of camp". Detroit Red Wings. Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- Roose, Bill (28 February 2015). "Red Wings end trip with comeback win". Detroit Red Wings. Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- Kujawa, Kyle (1 July 2016). "Helm, Marchenko agree to terms". Detroit Red Wings. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- Basu, Arpon (27 May 2016). "Team Russia releases World Cup roster". National Hockey League. Retrieved 27 May 2016.