|5th Governor of Tula Oblast|
|Assumed office |
22 September 2016
Acting: 2 February 2016 – 22 September 2016
|Preceded by||Vladimir Gruzdev|
|Deputy Minister of Defense|
December 24, 2015 – February 2, 2016
|Born||28 August 1972|
Kursk, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
|Political party||United Russia|
|Service/branch||Russian Armed Forces|
Alexey Gennadyevich Dyumin (Russian: Алексей Геннадьевич Дюмин, born 28 August 1972) is a Russian politician, current Governor of Tula Oblast since 2016. Previously he served as President Vladimir Putin’s chief security guard and assistant before being promoted to lead the Russian military’s special operations forces. In 2014, he oversaw the annexation of Crimea and the following year became Deputy Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation. He holds the rank of lieutenant general and is a Hero of the Russian Federation.
Life and career
Alex Dyumin was born August 28, 1972 in Kursk.
In 1994, he graduated from Voronezh Higher Military Engineering School of Radio Electronics. The school was a part of the Moscow Military District, which was engaged in countering enemy reconnaissance efforts.
In 2012, Dyumin became the deputy head of the Presidential Security Service.
In 2014 Dyumin became the deputy chief of the GRU, Russian special operations forces, which has played a key role in the Russian annexation of Crimea. According to the newspaper "Kommersant", Dyumin orchestrated the evacuation of Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych on February 23, 2014.
Since 2015, Dyumin has served as Chief of Staff of the Russian Ground Forces and First Deputy Commander of the Russian Ground Forces.
According to Dyumin, he once saved Putin from a bear attack.
Governor of Tula Oblast (2016–present)
On February 2, 2016, President Vladimir Putin appointed Alexey Dyumin as Acting Governor of Tula Oblast. He succeeded Vladimir Gruzdev, who left the post at his own request. Dyumin assumed the duties of Governor of Tula Oblast on February 4, 2016. For Dyumin appointment was a surprise.
On February 9, 2016, Dyumin announced plans to participate in the gubernatorial election, which was held on September 18, 2016. He decided to run for Governor as an independent candidate, but he was supported by United Russia and the Liberal Democratic Party. Indeed, Tula Oblast became the only region in 2016 where United Russia did not hold a primary for the selection of a candidate for Governor.
Dyumin won the election with 84.17% of the vote.
Alexey Dyumin took office as Governor on 22 September 2016.
On 29 November 2017, at the III Congress of Railway Workers, Governor Dyumin announced the upcoming construction of the high–speed railway Moscow — Tula as part of the promising high–speed railway "South" (Moscow — Rostov on Don — Adler). Since 2017, according to Dyumin, preparatory work has been launched with the participation of Russian Railways, all interested agencies, the President and the Prime Minister. Upon completion of the high speed rail link, the time required to cover the 194 km distance between Moscow and Tula will decrease from the current two hours to only 55 minutes.
In 2018, Alexey Dyumin entered the top 10 of Most Powerful Governors in Russia, taking 6th place.
Alexey Dyumin is married, wife Olga was born on 8 January 1977 in Moscow. Alexey Dyumin has a son Nikita, who is studying at school.
Alexey Dyumin plays amateur hockey, as a rule, in the position of goalkeeper. As an adviser included in the management of the hockey club SKA Saint Petersburg.
- A look at some of the Russian officials hit by US sanctions
- Khristova, Karina (December 24, 2015). "Новым заместителем министра обороны назначен Герой России Алексей Дюмин" (in Russian). Komsomolskaya Pravda. Retrieved February 14, 2016.
- Алексей Дюмин рассказал "Ъ", как он дошел до Тулы
- «Ъ»: новый глава Тульской области руководил эвакуацией Януковича с Украины
- http://www.kremlin.ru/acts/bank/40277 Decree of the President of Russia
- Russian Defense Minister, Army General Sergei Shoigu held a regular meeting of the Board of the War Department
- "Новый тульский губернатор Дюмин рассказал, как спас Путина от медведя" (in Russian). Moskovskij Komsomolets. February 9, 2016. Retrieved February 14, 2016.
- "Ukraine-/Russia-related Designations and Identification Update". United States Department of the Treasury. 2018-04-06. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- "США ввели санкции против семи российских олигархов и 17 чиновников из «кремлевского списка»" [The US imposed sanctions against seven Russian oligarchs and 17 officials from the "Kremlin list"]. Meduza (in Russian). 2018-04-06. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- Алексей Дюмин вступает в должность и.о. губернатора Тульской области
- "В конце концов, жизнь не раз круто менялась"
- Алексей Дюмин самовыдвинется на выборы главы Тульской области. 25.04.2016
- "Алексей Дюмин избран губернатором Тульской области" (in Russian). Kommersant. September 19, 2016.
- Алексей Дюмин официально вступил в должность губернатора Тульской области
- Игорь Ленский (2017-12-14). "Тула набирает скорость". Гудок. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- АЛЕКСЕЙ ДЮМИН ВОШЕЛ В ЧИСЛО САМЫХ ВЛИЯТЕЛЬНЫХ ГЛАВ СУБЪЕКТОВ РФ
- "Ольга Дюмина: «Я готова во всем помогать мужу»". MYSLOНОВОСТИ. 2016-08-31. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- ХК Торпедо Нижний Новгород, 19.10.2011.
- "Президент России В. Путин принимает участие в хоккейном матче чемпионов НХЛ и Правления и почётных гостей НХЛ". Archived from the original on 2016-02-15. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- Путин забросил семь шайб в составе команды «Звёзд НХЛ»