|First Deputy Chief of Staff of the Presidential Administration of Russia|
21 May 2012
31 May 1960 |
Zagorsk, Soviet Union (now Russia)
|Alma mater||Moscow State University|
Gromov was born in 1960 in Zagorsk, Moscow Oblast, Soviet Union. He studied history at Moscow State University, specialising in Southern and Western Slavs and received his degree in history in 1982. For many years after his graduation, he worked for the Soviet and then the Russian government in their respective Ministries of Foreign Affairs. He served the governments with appointments in Czechoslovakia, Russia, and Slovakia. Since 1996, he has worked directly for the president, first in the Press Office, then as Press Attache, and, since 2008, as Deputy Chief of Staff.
On 12 May 2014, Gromov was added to the European Union sanctions list due to his role in the 2014 Crimean crisis. He is barred from entering the EU countries, and his assets in the EU have to be frozen.
Gromov speaks fluent Czech, Slovak and English. He is married and they have two sons, Alexey and Danila.
- Хозяин кремлевского пула. stringer-news.com, 2003-04-08
- "Treasury Sanctions Russian Officials, Members Of The Russian Leadership's Inner Circle, And An Entity For Involvement In The Situation In Ukraine". US Department of the treasury.
- "Executive Order - Blocking Property of Additional Persons Contributing to the Situation in Ukraine". The White House - Office of the Press Secretary.
- Specially Designated Nationals List (SDN)
- Shuklin, Peter (March 21, 2014). "Putin's inner circle: who got in a new list of US sanctions". liga.net. Retrieved February 20, 2016.
- President of The United States (March 19, 2016). "Ukraine EO13661" (PDF). Federal Register. Retrieved February 20, 2016.
- "COUNCIL IMPLEMENTING REGULATION (EU) No 477/2014". THE COUNCIL OF THE EUROPEAN UNION. eur-lex.europa.eu. 2014-05-12. Retrieved 2015-10-14.
- Gromov, Alexei. kremlin.ru, accessed 2015-10-11