Ajinça with New Orleans Pelicans in January 2014
|No. 42 – New Orleans Pelicans|
May 6, 1988 |
|Listed height||7 ft 2 in (2.18 m)|
|Listed weight||248 lb (112 kg)|
|NBA draft||2008 / Round: 1 / Pick: 20th overall|
|Selected by the Charlotte Bobcats|
|2009||→Sioux Falls Skyforce (D-League)|
|2009–2010||→Maine Red Claws (D-League)|
|2011–2013||SIG Strasbourg (France)|
|2013–present||New Orleans Pelicans|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Alexis Ajinça (born May 6, 1988) is a French professional basketball player who currently plays for the New Orleans Pelicans of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He is a 7 ft 2 in (2.18 m), 248 lb (112 kg; 17.7 st) center.
From 2003–2006, he played junior basketball for INSEP Centre Federal.
Ajinça was selected with the 20th overall pick in the 2008 NBA Draft by the Charlotte Bobcats. On March 9, 2009, he was assigned to the Sioux Falls Skyforce. On April 20, 2009, he was recalled by the Bobcats.
On October 29, 2009, the Bobcats exercised their third-year team option on Ajinça, thus keeping him under contract through 2010–11 season.
On November 2, 2011, Ajinça joined Paris-Levallois for a one-week try-out. On November 8, he left Paris-Levallois. On November 10, he joined Hyeres-Toulon. He left Hyeres-Toulon after two games.
In August 2013, he re-signed with Strasbourg for the 2013–14 season. On December 18, 2013, he left Strasbourg. On December 20, 2013, he signed with the New Orleans Pelicans. On February 27, 2015, he scored a career-high 24 points off the bench in the Pelicans' 104-102 win over the Miami Heat. On July 1, 2015, it was reported that the Pelicans are bringing back the center and have come to terms with Ajinca on a four-year deal.
French national team
|Tournament||Games played||Points per game||Rebounds per game||Assists per game|
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The Euroleague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season, he also played in domestic competition.
On October 12, 2014, Ajinça and his wife, Courtney, gave birth to their first child, Carter.
- Bobcats Select Augustin, Ajinca and Weaver in 2008 NBA Draft
- "Bobcats Exercise Option On Alexis Ajinca". NBA.com. October 29, 2009. Archived from the original on December 1, 2009. Retrieved October 30, 2009.
- 09-10 Transactions
- "MAVERICKS ACQUIRE CHANDLER AND AJINCA IN FIVE-PLAYER TRADE". NBA.com. July 13, 2010. Archived from the original on July 15, 2010. Retrieved July 13, 2010.
- "Raptors Acquire Ajinca, Draft Pick And Cash Considerations From Dallas". NBA.com. January 24, 2011. Retrieved January 26, 2011.
- Paris-Levallois announced the arrival for a 1-week tryout of Ajinca
- Alexis Ajinca leaves Paris-Levallois
- Alexis Ajinca returns to Hyeres-Toulon
- SIG Strasbourg signs big man Alexis Ajinca
- SIG Strasbourg keeps Alexis Ajinca
- Alexis Ajinca re-signs with SIG Strasbourg
- Alexis Ajinca leaves SIG Strasbourg to join New Orleans Pelicans
- PELICANS SIGN AJINCA
- Ajinca lifts Pelicans past Heat, 104-102
- "NBA.com - Hang Time Blog with Sekou Smith". hangtime.blogs.nba.com. July 1, 2015.
- Christmas is special day for NBA; this year it’s even more memorable for Pelicans’ Alexis Ajinca, John Salmons
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alexis Ajinça.|
- Career statistics and player information from NBA.com, or Basketball-Reference.com
- Alexis Ajinça at draftexpress.com
- Alexis Ajinça at eurobasket.com
- Alexis Ajinça at euroleague.net
- Alexis Ajinça at lnb.fr (French)
- Alexis Ajinça on Twitter