||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
January 28, 1976 |
New York City, U.S.
|Labels||Motéma, Venus, Chesky|
Alexis Cole is an American jazz singer.
Cole won a Swing Journal Gold Disk award, and competitions at NY Jazzmobile and the Montreux Jazz Festival. She records for Motéma Music and Venus Records. Her recordings have featured Fred Hersch, Eric Alexander, Matt Wilson, Harry Pickens, Don Braden and Pat LaBarbara.
In addition to jazz club performances, she has performed at the Kennedy Center and been a featured soloist at Avery Fisher Hall with the NY Philharmonic Brass. She is currently[when?] the full-time jazz vocalist with the West Point Band Jazz Knights.
- Very Early (self-release, 1999
- Nearer the Sun (Canopy Jazz, 2005)
- Zingaro (Canopy Jazz, 2007)
- The Greatest Gift: Songs of the Season (Motéma, 2009)
- Someday My Prince Will Come (Venus, 2010) with Fred Hersch
- Turning Points (USMA, 2010) with The Jazz Knights
- You'd Be So Nice to Come Home To (Venus, 2011) with One for All
- I Carry Your Heart: Alexis Cole Sings Pepper Adams (Motéma, 2012)
- Close Your Eyes: The Sultry Sound of Jazz (Venus, 2013)
- A Kiss in the Dark (Chesky, 2014)
- A Beautiful Friendship (Venus, 2015) with Bucky Pizzarelli
- Dazzling Blue: The Music of Paul Simon (Chesky, 2016)
- "Jazz Music: Top Jazz Albums & Songs Chart | Billboard". billboard.com. 7 March 2016. Retrieved 7 March 2016.