||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012)|
South Paris, France
|Other names||Alex Conran|
|Occupation||Actor, writer and stage magician|
Alexis Conran (aka Alex Conran) is a British actor, writer and stage magician. He was born in South Paris, France, and moved to Greece when he was a child.
His father was a gambling addict and started to get in debt. He turned to crime and became a thief and conman, eventually getting arrested. When Conran was 7 years old, his parents got divorced. He was then raised by his mother with the help of her parents.
He also starred in the music video for Blockhead's "Insomniac Olympics" in 2000. (Directed by Sam Arthur), later that year he had a minor role in the TV film Arabian Nights playing Prince Ali.
His stage work includes 'Excuses!' in 2003.
His television roles include 2 episodes he starred in season 5 of the show Waking the Dead, as Michael Sherman. He appeared in the tv show Wire in the blood. He also starred in a TV advert for Zovirax cold sore cream. In 2013 he appeared in the Channel 4 show Eye Spy and in August 2015 he presented the Channel 5 morning show The Wright Stuff whilst the host was on holiday.
He is a fan of English football club Manchester United.
- "Gambling and Me: The Real Hustler – Alexis Conran". Retrieved 23 March 2012.
- "IMDb profile". Retrieved 22 March 2012.
- "How to stay off the suckers' list". BBC News. 7 February 2006. Retrieved 2008-09-27.
- "Waking the Dead: Season 5, Episode 5". Retrieved 23 March 2012.
- "Waking the Dead: Season 5, Episode 6". Retrieved 23 March 2012.
- Alexis Conran Official site.
- Magicians.co.uk – Alexis Conran
- Alexis Conran at the Internet Movie Database
|This article about a British television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a writer or poet from the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|