Alexis Christine Neiers|
June 20, 1991
Los Angeles, California
|Occupation||Model, Reality TV personality, actress, internet personality|
|Known for||Involvement in "Bling Ring"|
|Home town||Westlake Village, California|
|Spouse(s)||Evan Haines (m. 2012)|
Harper Haines (b. 2013)|
Dakota Haines (b. 2016)
Andrea Arlington-Dunn (mother)|
Mikel Neiers (father)
Jerry Dunn (stepfather)
Tess Taylor (adopted sister)
Gabby Neiers (sister)
Alexis Christine Neiers (born June 20, 1991) is a former American television personality. She is most notable for her conviction for burglary as a member of the so-called "Bling Ring". She was featured on E!'s reality series Pretty Wild with her mother, Andrea Arlington-Dunn, and sisters Gabby Neiers and Tess Taylor.
Involvement in the "Bling Ring"
On November 16, 2009, Neiers pleaded no contest to burglary charges stemming from her involvement with the Hollywood "Bling Ring" burglaries. The burglars had targeted the homes of celebrities including Paul Oakenfold, Orlando Bloom, Lindsay Lohan, Rachel Bilson, Paris Hilton, Ashley Tisdale and Audrina Patridge. Alexis claimed to have been drunk during the burglary of Bloom's house, and "not sure what was going on". Fellow Bling Ring member Nick Prugo recalled a different version of events, saying that Alexis was fully aware a burglary was taking place, and is seen walking into the Bloom residence on security surveillance footage. A search of the Neiers household turned up a Marc Jacobs handbag belonging to Bilson and a Chanel necklace belonging to Lohan. Neiers initially denied the items were stolen, but later pleaded no contest to a charge of burglary.
On May 10, 2010, Neiers pleaded no contest to a felony charge of first degree residential burglary of Orlando Bloom's home and was sentenced to 180 days in county jail, with three years' probation and a fine of $600,000. Neiers began her sentence on June 24, 2010, and was released after serving one month of a six-month sentence. During the last five days of her sentence, she was in a cell next to Lindsay Lohan.
She reported that she did not have any contact with Lohan during her brief time in jail and that Lohan did not cause any trouble.
A film chronicling the events surrounding the Bling Ring, directed by Sofia Coppola and starring Emma Watson as a character based on Neiers premiered at the Cannes Film Festival, and was released nationwide on June 21, 2013.
On March 14, 2010, Pretty Wild premiered on E! network, a reality TV show based on the lives of Alexis, her unofficially adopted "sister" Tess Taylor, her younger biological sister Gabby Neiers, and their mother Andrea Arlington, a former Playboy model. The show focused on the modeling careers of Alexis and Tess, as well as their LA "party lifestyle". The show was criticized for the girls' sexual antics and the seemingly bizarre behavior of the sisters and their mother. Shortly after filming the pilot episode, Alexis was arrested for her involvement in the "Bling Ring" robberies and the show ended up chronicling her arrest and eventual plea bargain and jail time. The show was not renewed for a second season.
Media and personal life
After the airing of Pretty Wild, many unapproved images were released of Alexis and her costar Tess Taylor on the website www.thedirty.com. Although lawyers requested that the images, which portrayed the girls smoking bongs and what appeared to be heroin, be taken down, blogger Nik Richie of thedirty site declined. In December 2010 Alexis checked into the SOBA Recovery center in Malibu, California after she was sentenced to one year of rehab following an arrest for possession of black tar heroin and a fake Florida I.D. Both were discovered when Neiers failed to check in with her probation officer, while on probation for her involvement in the Bling Ring, and officers paid her a visit and searched her residence. She was joined in rehab by her sister Tess, albeit briefly, under unrelated circumstances.
Neiers started school while in treatment in order to obtain her CASAC (Credentialed Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor) certification to become a licensed drug and alcohol counselor. She completed her schooling in October 2011 and now volunteers her time at different rehabilitation centers in Malibu.
On December 8, 2011, Alexis participated in an episode of Nik Richie radio on the website www.thedirty.com. She admitted to being addicted to heroin, Xanax, alcohol and OxyContin during the filming of Pretty Wild, stating that when not filming the show she was "living in a Best Western hotel", getting high and panhandling for money on the streets. She also claims she was sexually molested as a young child, which contributed to her drug problems. She says she no longer speaks to her former costar and adopted sister Tess Taylor. In late 2013, Neiers said she has been sober for three years.
Her father, Mikael, worked as a director of photography on Friends and her mother, Andrea, was an actress and model who was in Playboy in the 1980s. They divorced, and Andrea remarried. Alexis was home-schooled by her mother.
In April 2012, Alexis married Evan Haines, a Canadian businessman, in Mexico. There were 20 guests, including Neiers mother, Gabby, and Tess. On April 24, 2013, Neiers gave birth to their first child, a girl, named Harper Elisabeth Haines. She later gave birth to their second child, a girl, named Dakota Haines. 
- Nancy Jo Sales. "Nancy Jo Sales on the Bling Ring". Vanity Fair.
- "The Bling Ring". The Frisky (website). 2010.
- "Bling Ring teen jailed over Orlando Bloom break-in". ABC News. May 11, 2010. Archived from the original on 14 May 2010. Retrieved June 1, 2010.
- Anthony McCartney (May 10, 2010). "Reality Starlet Pleads to Burglarizing Bloom House". ABC. Associated Press. Archived from the original on 13 May 2010. Retrieved May 10, 2010.
- "And So It Is". Pretty Wild. Season 1. Episode 9. May 23, 2010. 18:51 minutes in. E!.
- Alexis Neiers – Not So 'Pretty Wild' After Jail. TMZ.com (2010-07-24). Retrieved on 2012-07-15.
- "LA reality television starlet released from jail – Yahoo! News". News.yahoo.com. 2010-07-24. Archived from the original on 27 July 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- Lee, Ken (2010-07-21). "Lindsay Lohan's First Tearful Hours in Jail – Crime & Courts, Lindsay Lohan". People.com. Archived from the original on 29 July 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- "Pretty Wild's Alexis Neiers: How Lindsay Lohan Acted in Jail". UsMagazine.com.
- Scott Foundas. "Emma Watson 'The Bling Ring' Sofia Coppola Cannes Film Festival - Variety". Variety.
- "Pretty Wild (TV Series 2010– )". IMDb.
- Richard Lawson. "Pretty Wild Might Be the Worst Television Show Ever Made". Gawker. Gawker Media. Archived from the original on 2013-02-12.
- "Too Hot for TV: Reality TV Shows Canceled by Scandal". Archived from the original on 12 April 2013.
- Nik Richie. "TheDirty.com Exclusive: Pretty Wild Hollyw - The Dirty". The Dirty.
- Nik Richie. "TheDirty.com Exclusive: Pretty Wild Girls - The Dirty". The Dirty.
- Nik Richie. "Tess Taylor And Alexis Neiers Are Great Ro - The Dirty". The Dirty.
- "Pretty Wild's Alexis Neiers Sent to Rehab After Heroin Bust". Us Weekly.
- Marianne Garvey; Marcus Mulick; Ashley Fultz (2010-12-01). "Pretty Wild Star Alexis Neiers Busted for Heroin". Eonline.com.
- Alexis Neiers' Sister, Tess Taylor, Checks Into Rehab. PerezHilton.com. Retrieved on 2012-07-15.
- 'Pretty Wild' Star Tess Taylor – I’m Done With Rehab. TMZ.com (2011-02-18). Retrieved on 2012-07-15.
- "Pretty Wild Star Alexis Neiers' Rehab Plan: Drug-Counselor Training!". E! Online. 18 February 2011.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on April 17, 2013. Retrieved February 14, 2013.
- Chris Laxamana. "#093: Alexis Neiers". Dr. Drew - Official Website.
- "'The Bling Ring' comes full circle for Alexis Neiers". latimes.
- Mulick, Marcus (May 18, 2013). "Pretty Wild Star Alexis Neiers Marries in Mexico". Retrieved April 30, 2012.
- Neiers, Alexis (May 18, 2013). "Happy to say our baby girl was born on Wednesday. We are both happy and healthily!". Twitter. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- Toomey, Alyssa (May 18, 2013). "Bling Ringer Alexis Neiers Welcomes a baby Girl - Find Out Her Name!". E! Online. Retrieved April 30, 2013.