Best Story (2004)
Best French Language Comic (2006)
Life and career
His graphic novel Du Plomb Dans La Tete, AKA Headshot, was adapted into the 2012 film Bullet to the Head. He has written The Killer (Le Tueur) and Cyclops (Cyclopes) both of which have been optioned for films, also by producer Alexandra Milchan, the former at Paramount with director David Fincher and the latter at Warner Brothers by James Mangold. The Killer is his first to be published in English and is published by Archaia Studios Press, who are dividing each of volumes into two parts and releasing in American comic book format bi-monthly. The first four issues were collected as a hardcover volume, which won IGN's Best Indy Book of 2007 Award, Newsarama's Best of '07 gave it the "Best Comic You Didn't Read This Year" award and Entertainment Weekly named it #2 in a list of Best comics of 2007.
The Killer has been optioned for a film.
- Peines perdues (with Jean-Christophe Chauzy, Casterman, August 1993)
- The Killer (with Luc Jacamon):
- French, Casterman:
- Long feu (October 1998)
- L'Engrenage (April 2000)
- La Dette (August 2001)
- Les Liens du sang (August 2002)
- La Mort dans l'âme (October 2003)
- Modus vivendi (September 2007)
- English, Archaia Studios Press:
- French, Casterman:
- Shandy (with Dominique Bertail, Delcourt):
- Du plomb dans la tête (aka Headshot) (with Colin Wilson, Casterman):
- Les Petits poissons (January 2004)
- Les Gros poissons (February 2005)
- Du bordel dans l'aquarium (January 2006)
- Cyclops (with Luc Jacamon, Casterman):
- La Recrue (September 2005)
- Le Héros (September 2006)
- 2004: Won Best Story, Prix Saint-Michel, for Du plomb dans la tête
- 2007: Nominated for "Award for Favourite European Comics" Eagle Award, for The Killer.
- 2008: Nominated for "Best U.S. Edition of International Material" Eisner Award, for The Killer.
- MATZ: Writer of The Killer, Jazma, October 31, 2006
- Warner aims for 'Headshot', Variety, October 14, 2008
- David Fincher interview, MTV, January 7, 2008
- WB, Mangold eye Nolent's 'Cyclops', Variety
- "Archaia Studios Press profile for The Killer". Archived from the original on 2008-02-23. Retrieved 2008-03-20.
- Best Indy Book Archived 2007-12-30 at the Wayback Machine, IGN
- Best Shots: Best of '07 Edition[permanent dead link], Newsarama, December 30, 2007
- The Best Comics of 2007, Entertainment Weekly, Dec 18, 2007
- Making the Asssassin Tick Archived 2007-02-09 at the Wayback Machine, Broken Frontiers, November 3, 2006
- Matz - A "Killer" Comic Writer, Comic Book Resources, April 12, 2007
- Benderspink options 'Starkweather', Variety, November 8, 2007
- Jean-Christophe Chauzy at Lambiek
- Casterman profile for Peines perdues
- Luc Jacamon at Lambiek
- Casterman profile for Le Tueur
- Dominique Bertail at Lambiek
- "Casterman profile for Du plomb dans la tête". Archived from the original on 2008-04-07. Retrieved 2008-03-20.
- Casterman profile for Cyclopes
- 2008 Eisner Award Nominees Named Archived January 25, 2009, at the Wayback Machine (press release), Newsarama, April 14, 2008
- Matz Narks on The Killer, Comicon, June 6, 2006