|Height||5 ft 10 in (178 cm)|
24 September 1983 |
Bellville, Western Cape
Alexis Pritchard (born 24 September 1983) is a South-African born New Zealand boxer. On 5 August 2012 she became the first New Zealand woman to win an Olympic bout when she beat Tunisia's Rim Jouini in the Round of 16.
She moved to New Zealand at the age of 14 and originally took up boxing in 2003 to get fit.
Alexis retired whilst still the New Zealand champion but after failing to qualify for the Rio Olympics.
- "New Zealand boxing's Olympic charm offensive". Stuff.co.nz. 2012-07-27. Retrieved 2012-07-27.
- "Kiwi boxer Pritchard one win from medal". Otago Daily Times. 2012-08-06. Retrieved 2012-08-06.
- "Glasgow 2014 - Alexis Pritchard Profile". g2014results.thecgf.com. Retrieved 2015-07-02.
- "Kiwi boxer Alexis Pritchard retires after 13 years in ring". Stuff. Retrieved 2017-09-02.
- Alexis Pritchard at London2012.com
|This biographical article related to New Zealand boxing is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|