|Genres||Electronic / synth-pop|
|Instruments||Vocals, synthesizer, drums, percussion, piano, guitar|
|Associated acts||Hot Chip, About Group|
Alexis Taylor is a British musician. He is the lead vocalist and keyboardist/guitarist of the band Hot Chip, keyboardist in About Group, and a solo artist in his own right.
Taylor formed Hot Chip with Joe Goddard whilst at secondary school. He studied English at Jesus College, Cambridge from 1999-2002, during which time Hot Chip played a variety of gigs (with various line-ups) at Cambridge's live music venues.
In 2007, Taylor and Hot Chip produced a two-song album, Doubleshaw, as Booji Boy High under the pseudonyms, Georgios Panayiotou and Mother Markzbow. The name Booji Boy comes from the character created by Devo.
After the release of Hot Chip's second album, The Warning, Taylor released his first solo album, Rubbed Out, in 2008. The same year he formed the improvisational quartet, About Group, with Spring Heel Jack's John Coxon, Pat Thomas, and former This Heat drummer Charles Hayward.
In June 2016, Taylor released Piano, the follow-up album to Await Barbarians.
- "Booji Boy High". Discogs. Retrieved 2015-08-24.
- Howe, Brian (21 November 2008). "Alexis Taylor: Rubbed Out". Pitchfork. Retrieved 17 November 2014.
- Rogers, Jude (31 March 2011). "About Group: Alexis Taylor swaps Hot Chip for jazz improv". The Guardian. Retrieved 17 November 2014.
- Neyland, Nick (2 January 2013). "Alexis Taylor Nayim From The Halfway Line". Pitchfork. Retrieved 17 November 2014.
- Fitzmaurice, Larry (25 June 2014). "Alexis Taylor: Await Barbarians". Pitchfork. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- Pearce, Sheldon (21 April 2016). "Alexis Taylor (Hot Chip) Announces New Album Piano, Shares "I'm Ready"". Pitchfork. Retrieved 23 April 2016.