|Known for||First known autistic contestant to compete in the Miss America pageant.|
|Title||Miss Cut Bank 2012
Miss Montana 2012
|Awards||Miss America 2013 "America's Choice" award|
Alexis Wineman is an autism advocate who was named Miss Montana 2012. She won the "America's Choice" award at the Miss America 2013 pageant  and is the first known autistic contestant to compete in the Miss America pageant.
Wineman is from Cut Bank, Montana, and states that as a child, she always felt different and was bullied. She said that she began to understand why after she was diagnosed with "PDD-NOS (Pervasive Developmental Disorder- Not Otherwise Specified), an autism spectrum disorder" at the age of 11. As of 2014[update], she is an undergraduate at Huntingdon College in Montgomery, Alabama.
Wineman did not grow up with an interest in beauty pageants, stating that she was instead the "girl with the hoodies on. I never wore makeup all that much. I wasn’t much into beauty at all – to be honest, I’m still not all that much.” Her platform as Miss Montana was “Normal is just a dryer setting – Living with autism" and, at the age of 18, she was the youngest contestant in the Miss America 2013 pageant.
Video clips and interviews
- Vote for Miss Montana 2012 Alexis Wineman - Miss America Organization
- Miss America Contestant Makes History - ABC News
- Person of the Week: Miss Montana Alexis Wineman - ABC News
- Bruch, Linda (February 19, 2014). "She may not be Miss Montana anymore, but she’s in demand". Cut Bank Pioneer Press.
- Golodryga, Bianna (January 11, 2013). "Alexis Wineman, Miss Montana, First Miss America Contestant Diagnosed With Autism". Good Morning America. ABC News. Retrieved July 15, 2015.
- Sun, FeiFei (January 11, 2013). "5 Questions with Alexis Wineman: Miss America’s First Autistic Contestant". Time.
- Mithers, Carol (March 2013). "Meet the Most Popular Girl in America (PS: She Has Autism)". Glamour.
- Grey, Mark (Jan 12, 2013). "Miss America Contestant Alexis Wineman Talks About Growing Up with Autism". People Magazine.
- Lewin, Adrienne (Jan 10, 2013). "Miss Montana is first autistic contestant for Miss America". Today.
- "Alexis Wineman: My Story". alexiswineman.com.
- "Miss Montana 2012 Keynote at 2014 Annual Banquet". Mental Health America of Great Falls. 2014.
- "Danielle Wineman of Cut Bank crowned Miss Montana 2015". Great Falls, MT: KRTV. June 14, 2015. Retrieved July 15, 2015.
|Awards and achievements|