|Picture format||4:3 (576i, SDTV)|
Alfa TV was a premium television service available in Cyprus, that broadcast sports and children's programming as well as the odd film. It was owned by Alfa TV Ltd. and was launched in 1998. Alfa TV was one of only 2 pay-TV services in Cyprus, the other being Lumiere TV with whom Alfa TV had a programming agreement. Some of the programs on Alfa TV were broadcast in corporation with well-known pay-TV channels, and specificly with those of Multichoice.
It was broadcast over the air, together with Lumiere TV, on several platforms, like CytaVision, with an extra fee. Repeaters had been set up across the country that enabled more than 80% of the population to receive those services. Alfa TV was available on the NOVA Cyprus platform but due to a financial dispute with the provider, the channel was removed and signed on with rival Athina Sat. It was also available through IPTV providers CytaVision & PrimeTel.
As of March 3, 2008, Alfa TV returned to NOVA Cyprus following a new agreement whilst Athina Sat, had ceased operations. During the summer of 2011, the channel, was expected to be renamed to STAR Channel. The owner and former member of the parliament, Sokratis Chasikos, hired the former head manager of ANT1 Cyprus, Giorgos Tsalakos, as head manager. The contract with LTV ended on May and was not renewed.
Alfa TV featured the best Sports programming from Cyprus and around the world, as some of them were boadcasted in corporation with SuperSport. Sports coverage included live action from the following leagues and events:
In addition Alfa TV had extensive coverage of championship football including matches from the following leagues: Greek Super League, English Premiership, Italian Serie A, German Bundesliga and Portuguese SuperLiga. Alfa TV also covered other events such as horse racing, tennis, boxing, bowling, billiards, rodeo, golf and extreme sports.
- All Grown Up!
- As Told by Ginger
- Blue's Clues
- Danny Phantom
- Dora the Explorer
- Drake & Josh
- Eureeka's Castle
- Hey Arnold!
- Justice League
- Kenan & Kel
- Legends of the Hidden Temple
- Little Bill
- My Life as a Teenage Robot
- Noah Knows Best
- Rocket Power
- Rocko's Modern Life
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
- The Angry Beavers
- The Brothers Garcia
- The Daffy Duck Show
- The Jetsons
- The Wild Thornberrys
- Yakkity Yak
In addition to the programming mentioned above, Alfa TV also aired several original programs of its own, throughout the week.
- Deltio Eidiseon - Daily newscasts at 5pm, 6pm & 7pm featuring all the top stories from Cyprus, Greece and the rest of the world
- Οikonomia - Business program that dealt with the top economic issues, aired Mondays at 7:10pm
- Εpi Skinis - Current affairs program that was discussing the key issues affecting society, aired Tuesdays at 7:10pm
- Μera Para Mera - Talkshow that dealt with various topics of discussion from politics to culture to current affairs, aired Wednesday and Friday at 7:10pm
- "Ραδιοτηλεοπτική Εταιρεία Αλφα Λίμιτεδ - Super Sport". Archived from the original on June 9, 2002.
- "Ραδιοτηλεοπτική Εταιρεία Αλφα Λίμιτεδ - KTV". Archived from the original on June 24, 2003.