Alfies Antique Market
Alfies Antique Market is a large indoor market located on Church Street in Lisson Grove, London. It houses over seventy-five dealers offering antiques; including silver, furniture, jewellery, paintings, ceramics, glass and vintage clothing.
Notable customers have included the designers Tom Dixon, Nina Campbell, Jasper Conran and Kelly Hoppen as well as celebrity visitors Michael Jackson, Julia Roberts, Rod Stewart, Kate Moss, Stella McCartney and many more.
Alfies was opened by Bennie Gray in 1976, housed in the Edwardian buildings of the former Jordans department store. Renovations have included an extension in 1988. The complex now covers 35,000 square feet (3,300 m2) over five floors. The Quad opened in 2005, focussing on modern design from the last hundred years.
- "churchstreetmarket.org". Archived from the original on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 22 October 2009.
- "London's antiques shops". Time Out London. Archived from the original on 29 August 2008. Retrieved 22 October 2009.
- "Five top designers reveal the places and spaces in London that inspire them". The Guardian. 2 September 2007.
- http://www.spaceorg.co.uk/happen.htm Archived 4 October 2013 at the Wayback Machine
- "History and News - 20th Century Design at Alfies Antique Market". Archived from the original on 21 April 2008.