||This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2016)
||1976 (aged 81–82)
||Geographer, travel writer, author, explorer
Alfons Gabriel (1894–1976) was an Austrian geographer, explorer and travel writer who made several trips to the deserts of Iran, during 1927-8, 1933, and 1937.
Gabriel wrote five books about his trips and findings. His book Durch Persiens Wüsten (1935) is translated into Persian.
- Im weltfernen Orient, Munich and Berlin, 1929.
- Durch Persiens Wüsten, Stuttgart, 1935.
- Aus dem Einsamkeiten Irans, Stuttgart, 1939.
- Weites, wildes Iran, Stuttgart, 1942.
- Die Erforschung Persiens, Vienna, 1952