Motagalvan with Fort Lauderdale Strikers
|Full name||Felix Alfonso Motagalvan|
|Date of birth||February 11, 1987|
|Place of birth||Santa Rosa, California, United States|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Sacramento Republic FC|
|2001–2004||Gilroy High School|
|2005–2008||UC Santa Barbara Gauchos|
|2007–2009||Ventura County Fusion||34||(2)|
|2012||Fort Lauderdale Strikers||16||(0)|
|2015–||Sacramento Republic FC||0||(0)|
|2014–||United States Beach Soccer||1||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15:18, 3 September 2014 (UTC).
Youth and college
Motagalvan was born in Santa Rosa, California, grew up in Gilroy, California, and attended Gilroy High School where he was a two-time NSCAA/adidas All-American. He played club soccer for Santa Clara Sporting Ruckus from 2004 to 2005, and was a two-year member of the Region IV Olympic Development Team and Super Y-League Select National Team.
He played four years of college soccer at the University of California, Santa Barbara, featuring in over 50 games during his four seasons, and playing an instrumental part of the Gaucho's run to the 2006 NCAA Division I title.
In 2009 he was called in to preseason with the San Jose Earthquakes of the MLS. Later that year he went on to FC Dallas of the MLS to finish the 2009 season with the reserve team.
He signed with Rochester Rhinos on February 16, 2010, and made his professional debut on April 10, 2010 in Rochester's season opening game against Miami FC. Motagalvan played in 28 of the Rhinos' 30 USSF Division 2 matches, in addition to both playoff games.
He scored his first professional goal on April 23, 2011, a 3-2 win over the Dayton Dutch Lions. He played in 21 regular season matches in the 2011 USL Pro season, scoring twice, in addition to playing in both playoff games.
Fort Lauderdale Strikers
Motagalvan joined the Riverhounds in 2013.
Although he had briefly considered retiring, Motagalvan joined Sacramento Republic.
Ventura County Fusion
- USL Premier Development League Champions (1): 2009
- Paterson, Bill (April 22, 2016). "Republic FC veteran Alfonso Motagalvan gets his chance". The Sacramento Bee. Sacramento, California. Retrieved April 25, 2016.
- Fusion overcome Fire for PDL title[permanent dead link]
- Paterson, Bill (July 2, 2016). "Republic FC players set aside day jobs to play under lights". The Sacramento Bee. Sacramento, California. Retrieved July 22, 2016.
- Rhinos Add Three More Players[permanent dead link]
- Rhinos Open 2010 With a Draw Archived April 18, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- http://uslpro.uslsoccer.com/scripts/runisa.dll?M2:gp::72013+Elements/Display+E+47107+Stats/+2175598[permanent dead link]
- "U.S. Beach Soccer National Team Names Roster for Beach Soccer Challenge Against Brazil". Archived from the original on September 3, 2014. Retrieved August 14, 2014.