Alfortville and Chinagora, with a barge and tugboat on the River Seine
Paris and inner ring departments
|Canton||Alfortville-Nord and Alfortville-Sud|
|Intercommunality||Plaine Centrale du Val-de-Marne|
|• Mayor (2008–2014)||René Rouquet|
|Area1||3.67 km2 (1.42 sq mi)|
|• Density||12,000/km2 (31,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|INSEE/Postal code||94002 / 94140|
|Elevation||27–37 m (89–121 ft)
(avg. 32 m or 105 ft)
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
The commune of Alfortville was created on 1 April 1885 from part of the commune of Maisons-Alfort.
The Armenian community of Alfortville is very significant. There is an Armenian Apostolic Church located south of the city. It's an important place for the Armenian community, which is very significant in Alfortville.
- Bendy Casimir, mixed martial arts fighter
- Odair Fortes, footballer
- Jean-Eudes Maurice, footballer
- Mickael Marquet, footballer
- Hassan Yebda, footballer
- Marten Yorgantz, Armenian singer
- Alexis Tomassian, comedian
- Alain Teyinyan, actor
Alfortville is twinned with:
- San Benedetto del Tronto, Italy since 1989
- Ashtarak, Armenia since 1993
- Cantanhede, Portugal since 2000
- Oshakan, Armenia since 2001
There is also a twinning convention with the Armenian region of Ashtarak since 1993.
- Ergenekon document reveals MİT’s assassination secrets Archived August 24, 2008, at the Wayback Machine., Today's Zaman, 19 August 2008 (English)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alfortville.|
|This Val-de-Marne geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|