Enoch at the 2014 NAACP Image Awards
|Born||Alfred Lewis Enoch
2 December 1988
Westminster, London, England
|Parent(s)||William Russell Enoch
Alfred Lewis Enoch (born 2 December 1988) is an English actor. Enoch is currently starring as Wes Gibbins in the ABC legal drama series, How to Get Away with Murder. He is also known for his portrayal of Dean Thomas in the Harry Potter films.
Life and career
Enoch was born in Westminster, London, to English actor William Russell Enoch and his second wife, Brazilian physician Balbina Gutierrez.[dead link] He attended Westminster School, a well-known public school in London. He is also fluent in Portuguese, and graduated with a degree in Portuguese and Spanish from the Queen's College, Oxford. In 2001 he was cast as Dean Thomas in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. He appeared in seven of the eight Harry Potter films. He also voiced the character in the video game based on the first part of the film.
After the Harry Potter films, Enoch appeared in a number of plays throughout London including Coriolanus, Timon of Athens, Antigone, Happy New Year, and The Ballard of Salomon Pavey. He played Bainbridge, the Bloody Guardsman, in the Sherlock episode, "The Sign of Three". In July of 2011, Enoch appeared at the London Film and Comic Con.
|2012||National Theatre Live||Philotus||Episode: "Timon of Athens" |
|2013||Broadchurch||Sam Taylor||Episode: "1.1"|
|2013||Mount Pleasant||Alex||Episode: "3.7"|
|2014||Sherlock||Bainbridge||Episode: "The Sign of Three"|
|2014||National Theatre Live||Titus Lartius||Episode: "Coriolanus" |
|2014–present||How to Get Away with Murder||Wes Gibbins||Lead Role 17 episodes
Nominated—NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
- Index of Births, Marriages and Deaths in England and Wales, 1984–2005.
- Veritaserum | Movie Actors | Alfred Enoch/Dean Thomas
- Gayle Macdonald (14 July 2011). "Matthew Lewis grew up at Hogwarts with Harry and the gang". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 25 October 2014.
- Alfred Enoch mostra seu bom português em entrevista a humorista brasileiro
- "Coriolanus – Donmar Warehouse". Donmar Warehouse. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- Mason, Paul (20 July 2012). "Timon of Athens: The Power of Money". The Guardian. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- "Alfred Enoch". ABC. Disney–ABC Television Group (Disney Media Networks). 24 July 2014. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- Andreeva, Nellie (8 May 2014). "ABC New Series Pickups: 'Selfie', 'Forever', Galavant', 'Whispers', 'How To Get Away With Murder', 'American Crime', 'Black-ish', Jeff Lowell Comedy". Deadline.com. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- Greco, Patty (2 October 2014). ""How to Get Away With Murder" Star Alfred Enoch on Abandoning His British Accent, Emma Watson, and "Legally Blonde" "That should have been my research."". Cosmopolitan. Hearst Corporation. Retrieved 13 November 2014.