Enoch at the 2014 NAACP Image Awards
|Born||Alfred Lewis Enoch
2 December 1988
Westminster, London, England
|Alma mater||University of Oxford|
|Parent(s)||William Russell Enoch
Life and career
Enoch was born in Westminster, London, to English actor William Russell Enoch and his second wife, Brazilian physician Balbina Gutierrez. He attended Westminster School, a well-known public school in London. He is also fluent in Portuguese, and graduated with a degree in Portuguese and Spanish from the Queen's College, Oxford. In 2001 he was cast as Dean Thomas in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. He appeared in seven of the eight Harry Potter films. He also voiced the character in video games.
After the Harry Potter films, Enoch appeared in a number of plays throughout London including Coriolanus, Timon of Athens, Antigone, Happy New Year, and The Ballard of Salomon Pavey. He played Bainbridge, the Bloody Guardsman, in the Sherlock episode, "The Sign of Three". In July 2011, Enoch appeared at the London Film and Comic Con.
In 2014, Enoch was cast in the series regular role of Wes Gibbins in the ABC legal drama series, How to Get Away with Murder produced by Shonda Rhimes. For his portrayal of Gibbins, Enoch has received 2015 and 2016 nominations for the NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
In 2016, Enoch was cast as Edgar/Poor Tom in the well received Talawa Theatre Company and Manchester Royal Exchange co-production of King Lear, for which he won much praise for his characterisation and the physicality he brough to the roles.
|2012||National Theatre Live||Philotus||Episode: "Timon of Athens" |
|2013||Broadchurch||Sam Taylor||Episode: "1.1"|
|2013||Mount Pleasant||Alex||Episode: "3.7"|
|2014||Sherlock||Bainbridge||Episode: "The Sign of Three"|
|2014||National Theatre Live||Titus Lartius||Episode: "Coriolanus" |
|2014–present||How to Get Away with Murder||Wes Gibbins||30 episodes
Nominated – 2015 & 2016 NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
- Index of Births, Marriages and Deaths in England and Wales, 1984–2005.
- Veritaserum | Movie Actors | Alfred Enoch/Dean Thomas Archived 20 October 2006 at the Wayback Machine.
- Gayle Macdonald (14 July 2011). "Matthew Lewis grew up at Hogwarts with Harry and the gang". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 25 October 2014.
- Alfred Enoch mostra seu bom português em entrevista a humorista brasileiro
- "Coriolanus – Donmar Warehouse". Donmar Warehouse. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- Mason, Paul (20 July 2012). "Timon of Athens: The Power of Money". The Guardian. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- "Alfred Enoch". ABC. Disney–ABC Television Group (Disney Media Networks). 24 July 2014. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- Andreeva, Nellie (8 May 2014). "ABC New Series Pickups: 'Selfie', 'Forever', Galavant', 'Whispers', 'How To Get Away With Murder', 'American Crime', 'Black-ish', Jeff Lowell Comedy". Deadline.com. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- Greco, Patty (2 October 2014). ""How to Get Away With Murder" Star Alfred Enoch on Abandoning His British Accent, Emma Watson, and "Legally Blonde" "That should have been my research."". Cosmopolitan. Hearst Corporation. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alfred Enoch.|