Alfred FitzRoy, 8th Duke of Grafton
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2007)|
Alfred William Maitland FitzRoy, 8th Duke of Grafton (3 March 1850 – 10 January 1930), styled Lord Alfred FitzRoy between 1882 and 1912 and Earl of Euston between 1912 and 1918, was the son of the 7th Duke of Grafton and his wife Anna Balfour, daughter of James Balfour (-1845) and aunt of Arthur Balfour.
He married, firstly, Margaret Rose Smith (1855–1913), on 27 April 1875 and had three children:
- Lillian Rose FitzRoy (1876–1960), married Charles Robertson; no issue.
- Mary Margaret FitzRoy (1877–1966); died unmarried.
- William Henry Alfred FitzRoy, Viscount Ipswich (1884–1918); married Auriol Brougham and had issue. Son John FitzRoy, 9th Duke of Grafton, and two daughters: Jane and Mary-Rose. He fought in World War I and was killed in an aeroplane accident on 23 April 1918.
The 8th Duke married, secondly, Susanna Mary McTaggart-Stewart (1878–1961), on 8 January 1916 and had two daughters:
- Lady Elfrida Marie Susanna FitzRoy (1919–1920)
- Lady Cecilia Blanche Genevieve FitzRoy (1922–1974), married the life peer Lord Howard of Henderskelfe and had issue.
The Duke died in 1930 and was succeeded by his grandson, John, Earl of Euston.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by the Duke of Grafton
|Peerage of England|
|Duke of Grafton
|This biography of a duke or duchess in the peerage of England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of an earl in the Peerage of England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|