Alfred Ritter von Hubicki
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Alfred Ritter von Hubicki|
|Born||5 February 1887|
|Died||14 July 1971(aged 84)|
First Austrian Republic
|Years of service||1905–38 (Austria)
|Rank||Major General (Austria)
General der Panzertruppe (Germany)
|Commands held||9th Panzer Division|
|Battles/wars||World War II|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
By the time of the Anschluss of Austria in 1938 he had reached the rank of Generalmajor as the commander of the Austrian Army motorized division and transferred to the Wehrmacht with the same rank and was appointed commander of the 4th Light Division upon its formation in Vienna. The unit was renamed the 9th Panzer Division and Hubicki commanded it through the invasion of Poland in which it took part in the Battle of Jordanów and Battle of Jaroslaw. It then took part in the invasions of France and The Netherlands and Hubicki was promoted to Generalleutnant in August 1940. He then led the division in the Balkans and was awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross for his role in that campaign.
He was promoted to General der Panzertruppe on 1 October 1942 and after commanding a special unit at the OKW he was appointed as the head of the German Military Mission to Slovakia. He was retired from active service in March 1945 and died in 1971.
- Order of the Iron Crown III. Class with War Decoration (19 November 1917)
- Iron Cross (1939) 2nd Class (18 September 1939) & 1st Class (23 September 1939)
- Eastern Front Medal (9 September 1942)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 20 April 1941 as Generalleutnant and commander of the 9. Panzer-Division
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Militaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
- Wegmann, Günter (2009). Die Ritterkreuzträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht 1939–1945 Teil VIIIa: Panzertruppe Band 2: F–H [The Knight's Cross Bearers of the German Wehrmacht 1939–1945 Part VIIIa: Panzer Force Volume 2: F–H] (in German). Bissendorf, Germany: Biblio-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-7648-2389-4.
- Zeynek, Theodor von (2009). Broucek, Peter, ed. Ein Offizier im Generalstabskorps erinnert sich (in German). Vienna/Cologne/Weimar: Böhlau. ISBN 978-3-205-78149-3.
|Commander of 9th Panzer Division
3 January 1940 – 14 April 1942
Generalleutnant Johannes Baeßler