|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||20 July 1891|
|Died||30 December 1963(aged 72)|
|Service/branch|| Waffen SS
|Unit||SS Polizei Division|
|Battles/wars||World War II|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Alfred Wünnenberg (20 July 1891 – 30 December 1963) was a high-ranking commander in the Waffen-SS and the police of Nazi Germany. He commanded of the SS Polizei Division between December 1941 and June 1943. He was a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. On 10 June 1943, he was moved to command the IV SS Panzer Corps, where he remained until 31 August. That same year he became chief of the Ordnungspolizei (Orpo; uniformed police).
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1914) 2nd Class (10 February 1915) & 1st Class (9 September 1915)
- Clasp to the Iron Cross (1939) 2nd Class (18 June 1940) & 1st Class (21 August 1941)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Thomas 1998, p. 460.
- Scherzer 2007, p. 798.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Militaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
- Thomas, Franz (1998). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 2: L–Z [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 2: L–Z] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-7648-2300-9.
|Commander of IV. SS-Panzerkorps
5 August 1943 – 23 October 1943
SS-Obergruppenführer Walter Krüger
SS-Oberstgruppenführer und Generaloberst der Polizei Kurt Daluege
|Commander of the Ordnungspolizei
23 October 1943 – 23 May 1945