Alfredo De Villa
|Alfredo De Villa|
De Villa, July 2011
|Occupation||Director, Producer, Screenwriter|
Alfredo De Villa is a film director from Puebla, Mexico. He is best known for directing award winning films such as Adrift in Manhattan, which was nominated for the Grand Jury Prize at the Sundance Film Festival in 2007 and Washington Heights, which won a special mention for directing and acting at the Tribeca Film Festival.
Alfredo De Villa's two short films, Joe’s Egg and Neto’s Run were both awarded the Best Latino Director Award from the Directors Guild of America in 1995 and 1999. De Villa is the only filmmaker to be awarded this honor twice. De Villa has gone on to direct many acclaimed feature films.
Awards and Nominations
- Nominated, Grand Jury Prize: Adrift in Manhattan (2007)
San Diego Film Festival
- Winner, Best Director: Adrift in Manhattan (2007)
- Winner, Best Narrative Feature: Adrift in Manhattan (2007)
- Nominated, Open Palm Award: Washington Heights (2003)
- Winner, Best Feature Film Washington Heights (2002)
- Winner, Audience Award, Best Feature Film Washington Heights (2002)
- Winner, Special Mention for Washington Heights (2002)
De Villa earned his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Miami and his Master of Fine Arts from the film division of Columbia University, with an emphasis in directing. Alfredo De Villa currently resides in Los Angeles, California.
- Fugly! (2013)
- Harlistas: An American Journey (2011)
- Nothing Like the Holidays (2008)
- Adrift in Manhattan (2007)
- Yellow (2006)
- Washington Heights (2002)
- Neto's Run (1998)
- Joe's Egg (1995)