|Vice President FIFA|
27 May 2015 – 4 December 2015
|Preceded by||Jeffrey Webb|
|Succeeded by||Victor Montagliani|
|President of CONCACAF|
4 June 2011 – 22 May 2012
|Preceded by||Lisle Austin|
|Succeeded by||Jeffrey Webb|
Alfredo Hawit Banegas
8 October 1951
|Spouse(s)||María del Carmen Asfura|
|Alma mater||Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Honduras|
Alfredo Hawit Banegas (born 8 October 1951) is a Honduran lawyer and former footballer. He is the head of the National Autonomous Federation of Football of Honduras and was made the interim head of CONCACAF on 4 June 2011.
As a player, he played professional football for Honduran club sides Progreso, Club Deportivo Olimpia and F.C. Motagua. He scored 11 goals for them altogether. He is one of only few Honduran players who made his debut for a senior side, aged only 15.
Hawit, having seen Jack Warner's reign as CONCACAF President last twenty one years, proposed that the CONCACAF president should be able to serve only one four year-term at a time and for the Caribbean Football Union, UNCAF and North American Football Union to nominate the president on a rotary basis. He was an interim president of CONCACAF.
After the arrest of Jeffrey Webb on 27 May 2015, Hawit was made president of the CONCACAF. Hawit himself was then arrested on corruption charges on 3 Dec 2015 in the Baur au Lac hotel in Zürich. On 4 December 2015 he was banned for 90 days by the FIFA Ethics Committee. In December 2016, the FIFA Ethics Committee banned Hawit for life from all football-related activities.
- "Concacaf bans president Austin after Blazer 'sacking'". BBC Sport. 4 June 2011. Archived from the original on 8 June 2011. Retrieved 4 June 2011.
- Desafíe a Ismale Archived 29 October 2013 at the Wayback Machine – La Prensa (in Spanish)
- Platense hace debutar al más joven en la historia de la Liga Nacional – Diez (in Spanish)
- Alfredo Hawit, presidente interino de Concacaf Archived 26 April 2014 at the Wayback Machine – El Heraldo (in Spanish)
- "Police swoop on Fifa stronghold Baur au Lac hotel - for the second time this year". Daily Telegraph. 3 December 2015. Retrieved 3 December 2015.
- "Fifa suspends Juan Ángel Napout and Alfredo Hawit for 90 days". The Guardian. 4 December 2015. Retrieved 9 June 2016.
- "Fifa corruption crisis: Rafael Callejas & Alfredo Hawit get life bans". BBC. 19 December 2016. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- Encuentro y regocijo Archived 17 February 2013 at Archive.today – La Prensa (in Spanish)
- Cumpleaños de Alfredo Hawit Archived 17 February 2013 at Archive.today – La Tribuna (in Spanish)
- Organisation – FENAFUTH