This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Alfredo Saad-Filho is a Marxian economist.
Education and career
Saad-Filho has degrees in Economics from Universidade de Brasília (Brazil) and the University of London (SOAS). He has taught and researched in universities in Brazil and Mozambique as well as the UK. His research interests include the political economy of development, industrial policy, Latin American political and economic development, inflation and stabilisation, and the labour theory of value and its applications. He is a member of the Deutscher Memorial Prize Committee, an associate editor of the Socialist Register, and a member of the editorial board of the Brazilian Journal of Political Economy, the South Korean journal Marxism 21. He is also a participating editor of Latin American Perspectives, a member of the advisory board of Historical Materialism, and a member of the international editorial board of Studies in Political Economy, among other journals. He held the position of head of department of Development Studies at SOAS between January 2007 and December 2009, and was a Senior Economics Affairs Officer at the UNCTAD Unit on Economic Cooperation and Integration among Developing Countries, in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Economic Transitions to Neoliberalism in Middle-Income Countries: Policy Dilemmas, Economic Crises, Forms of Resistance, London: Routledge, 2009 (editor, with G. Yalman).
- Political Economy of Brazil: Recent Economic Performance. London: Palgrave-Macmillan, 2007 (editor, with P. Arestis).
- Neoliberalism: A Critical Reader, London: Pluto Press, 2005 (editor, with D. Johnston).
- The Elgar Companion to Marxist Economics. Aldershot: Edward Elgar (editor, with Ben Fine).
- Marx’s Capital, London: Pluto Press, 2004, 2010 (with Ben Fine).
- Anti-Capitalism: A Marxist Introduction, London: Pluto Press, 2003 (editor).
- The Value of Marx: Political Economy for Contemporary Capitalism, London: Routledge, 2002.
- [www.soas.ac.uk/staff/staff31747.php] Alfredo Saad Filho page at SOAS.
|This biographical article about a Brazilian economist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|