Algeria national basketball team
|FIBA ranking||68 12|
|FIBA zone||FIBA Africa|
|National federation||Fédération Algérienne de Basket-Ball|
|FIBA World Cup|
|FIBA Africa Championship|
Silver: 2001 |
The squad finished in the final four every time it hosted a major international basketball tournament including the African Basketball Championship and the All-Africa Games. They played in the 2002 FIBA World Championship in the United States where they finished 15th.
yet to qualify
FIBA World Cup
|2002||15||2002 FIBA World Championship||Indianapolis, United States|
|2019||To Be Determined||2019 FIBA World Championship||China|
Drawn into the 'Group of Death' (alongside host United States, eventual Bronze medal winner Germany and Asian champion China), the Algerian Team struggled at its first Basketball World Cup appearance. They lost their first preliminary round game against the United States 60-100 and also their second and third first-round games against China(82-96) and Germany(70-102). to a 4th place out of 4 finish. In their 2nd classification game, Algeria fared much better and dominated Lebanon to a 100-70 final score.
FIBA Africa Championship
- 1981 Tunisia : 2nd
- 1994 Egypt : 2nd
- 2000 Algeria : 2nd
- 2005 Saudi Arabia : Winner
- 2005 Almería: 7th
Islamic Solidarity Games
- 2005 Saudi Arabia : 2nd
Team for the 2015 FIBA Africa Championship.
|Algeria men's national basketball team roster|
There are several Algerian players playing professionally in Europe, mostly in France. As of 2010/2011, two play in the top level division.
Head coach position
- Faid Bilal – 2001–2002, 2013-2014
- Sean Whalen - 2010-2012
- Ali Filali – 2015
- Ahmed Loubachria – 2016-now
- FIBA National Federations – Algeria, fiba.com, accessed 14 July 2013.
- "Schedule & results | 2002 World Championship for Men | ARCHIVE.FIBA.COM". www.fiba.com. Retrieved 2016-01-31.
- Head coaches, fiba.com, accessed 8 May 2013.
- 2015 Afrobasket - Final Round - Mohamed HARAT (ALG)'s profile - FIBA.com, Retrieved 3 October 2015.