|Broadcast area||Eastern Cape|
|Slogan||From the Garden Route to the Wild Coast|
|Frequency||94.0 - 97.0 MHz|
|First air date||1 January 1986|
|Owner||African Media Entertainment group (AME)|
Algoa FM is a Commercial radio station established to cater for the needs of the Eastern Cape and the Garden Route of South Africa in the 1980s and is still a driving force in the media of the present day.
The station is licensed to broadcast as an Adult Contemporary radio station and plays music suited for the tastes of the people in the region of the Eastern Cape and Garden Route. This is monitored by the South African licensing authority known as the Independent Communications Authority of South Africa, or ICASA.
Recent Footprint Extension
Algoa FM was granted an extension to their licensed broadcast region by ICASA in 2011. The additional transmitter split extends their broadcast footprint across the Garden Route to Mossel Bay. The signal was officially switched on in December 2011 by the station's Managing Director, Dave Tiltmann. Algoa FM now reaches the popular coastal towns of Knysna, George, Wilderness and Sedgefield.
Algoa FM, together with Free State’s OFM and radio sales house United Stations  are part of the African Media Entertainment group (AME). AME is a focused media group with clearly identified expansion objectives and core interests in the production, distribution and other commercial exploitation of all forms of content for the media, communication and entertainment industries.
- Algoa FM aspires to be the leading and most admired media brand
- To provide entertaining and informative content to our target market
- To maintain a culture of service excellence
- To nurture an environment conducive to initiative, creative expression and personal responsibility
- To nurture a fervent commitment to our community
Algoa FM operates from Digital studios in their head offices based at The Boardwalk Casino and Shopping Complex in Port Elizabeth, South Africa. There are three Drive shows from 3pm-7pm that cover different areas namely; the Drive with Gordon Graham that covers the Border Region (East London through King William’s Town, Queenstown and up to Aliwal North), the Drive with Jacques Arendt that covers the Garden Route (from Knysna to Mossel Bay), and the Drive with Wayne Hart that covers Port Elizabeth and the remainder of the Algoa FM broadcast area. The Drive in East London and the Garden Route broadcasts through the Algoa FM signal as a transmitter split.
A map and break down of areas as well as frequencies can be found here: Footprint
- Predominantly English
- Age Group 25 - 49, upper income earners
Total Audience: AMPS 2015 BA (July 2014 – June 2015) 771 000 past seven days listeners
- Algoa FM: Regional Radio Station Eastern Cape South Africa
- ICASA: Regulator for the South African Communications sector
- The Boardwalk Casino Complex
- African Media Entertainment
- United Stations: Radio sales house
- Algoa FM Live Streaming Online 1
- Algoa FM Live Streaming Online 2
- Algoa FM Live Streaming Online 3
- Algoa FM Facebook Page
- SAARF Website
- Sentech Website