Algoma, West Virginia
Cherokee Road in Algoma
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1534873|
Algoma is an unincorporated community in McDowell County, West Virginia, United States. Algoma is located adjacent to the town of Northfork. Its post office  was established in 1891 and discontinued in 1988. Algoma most likely was derived from the Algonquin language.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Algoma, West Virginia
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Algoma WV post office
- Helbock, Richard W. (2004) United States Post Offices, Volume VI - The Mid-Atlantic, p. 19 Scappoose, Oregon: La Posta Publications
- Kenny, Hamill (1945). West Virginia Place Names: Their Origin and Meaning, Including the Nomenclature of the Streams and Mountains. Piedmont, WV: The Place Name Press. p. 75.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
|This article about a location in McDowell County, West Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|