Algona Municipal Airport
|Algona Municipal Airport|
|Owner||City of Algona|
|Elevation AMSL||1,219 ft / 372 m|
Algona Municipal Airport (IATA: AXG, ICAO: KAXA, FAA LID: AXA) is a public airport located two miles (3 km) west of the central business district of Algona, a city in Kossuth County, Iowa, United States. It is owned by the City of Algona.
Although most U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, Algona Municipal is assigned AXA by the FAA and AXG by the IATA (which assigned AXA to Wallblake Airport in Anguilla).
Facilities and aircraft
Algona Municipal Airport covers an area of 221 acres (89 ha) which contains two runways: 12/30 with a concrete pavement measuring 3,960 by 75 ft (1,207 by 23 m) and 18/36 with a turf surface measuring 2,880 by 160 ft (878 by 49 m). For the 12-month period ending November 28, 2005, the airport had 6,975 aircraft operations, an average of 19 per day, all of which were general aviation.
- FAA Airport Master Record for AXA ( PDF), effective 2007-10-25
- AXG / KAXA - Algona Municipal Airport - Algona, Iowa at Great Circle Mapper
- AXA / TQPF - Wallblake Airport - Anguilla at Great Circle Mapper
- Algona Municipal (AXA) at Iowa DOT Office of Aviation
- Resources for this airport: