(Redirected from Algonquian)
|Look up Algonquin in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|Wikisource has the text of the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica article Algonquin.|
Algonquin or Algonquian—and the variation Algonki(a)n—may refer to:
- Algonquian languages, a large subfamily of Native American languages in a wide swath of eastern North America from Canada to Virginia
- Algonquin language, the language of the Algonquin people in Canada, for which the Algonquian languages group is named
- Algonquian peoples, Native American tribes that speak the Algonquian languages
- Algonquin people, a subgroup of Algonquian people who speak the Algonquin language and live in Quebec and Ontario, Canada
Arts and media
- Algonquin (film), a 2013 Canadian film
- Algonquin Books, an imprint of Workman Publishing Company
- Algonquin, a fictional island, based on Manhattan, in the video game Grand Theft Auto IV
Buildings and institutions
- The Algonquin, a hotel in St. Andrews, New Brunswick
- Algonquin Club, Boston, Massachusetts
- Algonquin Hotel, New York City
- Algonquin Round Table, a group of New York writers, critics, actors and wits who regularly congregated at the Algonquin Hotel
- Algonquin Radio Observatory, a radio telescope research facility in the Algonquin Provincial Park, Ontario, Canada
- Algonquin Regional High School, located in Northborough, Massachusetts
- French ship Algonquin (1753), ship built in Quebec City, New France
- The Algonquin Regiment, an infantry regiment in the Canadian Forces
- HMCS Algonquin, at least two ships of the Canadian Navy
- USAHS Algonquin, a hospital ship of the United States Army Transportation Service
- USS Algonquin, at least three ships of the United States Navy
- Glacial Lake Algonquin, a North American proglacial lake at the time of the last ice age
- Algonquin, Ontario, a community in the township of Augusta
- Algonquin Highlands, Ontario, a township
- South Algonquin, Ontario, a township
- Algonquin College, in and around Ottawa, Ontario
- Algonquin Provincial Park, a provincial park in Ontario
- Algonquin Island, one of the Toronto Islands in Ontario
- Algonquin, Illinois
- Algonquin Township, McHenry County, Illinois
- Algonquin, Louisville, Kentucky
- Algonquin, Maryland
- Algonkian Regional Park, Virginia
- Algonquin Peak, the second highest mountain in New York state
- "Algonquin", A 12,574' peak in the Indian Peaks Wilderness, Colorado
- "Algonquin", also a small Northwestern community located in the city limits of Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan.
- All pages beginning with "Algonquian"
- All pages beginning with "Algonquin"
- All pages beginning with "Algonkian"
- All pages beginning with "Algonkin"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Algonquin.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.