Ali Adler at the 2016 Wondercon.
Allison Beth Adler
May 30, 1967
|Partner(s)||Sara Gilbert (2002–2011) |
Liz Brixius (2013–2017)
Sophie Watts (2017–present)
Allison Beth Adler (born May 30, 1967) is a Canadian-American television producer and writer. She is the co-creator of Supergirl and The New Normal, and is also known for her work on Chuck and Family Guy.
Adler began her career by working on a TV series named Veronica's Closet in 1997. From 2001 to 2002, Adler produced 13 episodes of Family Guy and 16 episodes of Just Shoot Me!; she was supervising producer for nine episodes of Still Standing. She was co-executive producer on various shows, including Life As We Know It, Women of a Certain Age, and Emily's Reasons Why Not.
Adler produced Chuck as co-executive and executive producer from 2007 to 2010. Adler then joined the ABC series No Ordinary Family in May 2010 and in 2011 became a part of Glee's writing team starting with the third season. She and Glee creator Ryan Murphy co-created The New Normal, which she worked on until it was cancelled in May 2013.
In 2015, Adler co-created Supergirl with Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg. The drama based on Superman's female cousin, Kara Zor-El. After two seasons, in 2017 Adler left Supergirl full-time to join The CW's reboot of Dynasty and sign a development deal with CBS Television Studios.
From 2001 to 2011, Adler was in a relationship with actress Sara Gilbert.
- Haber, Matt (3 June 2015). "Ali Adler, 'Supergirl' Writer, Rescues the Sexually Befuddled Man". The New York Times.
- Haber, Matt (June 3, 2015). "Ali Adler, Supergirl Writer, Rescues the Sexually Befuddled Man". The New York Times. Retrieved September 5, 2017.
- Goldberg, Lesley (June 16, 2011). "Glee: Six Join Writing Staff for Season 3". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Andreeva, Nellie (January 27, 2012). "NBC Picks Up New Normal Family Comedy Pilot From Ryan Murphy And Allison Adler; Is Network Done With Half-Hour Orders?". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved September 5, 2017.
- Andreeva, Nellie (September 19, 2014). "Supergirl Drama From Greg Berlanti & Ali Adler Lands CBS Series Commitment". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved April 1, 2015.
- Andreeva, Nellie (June 16, 2017). "Supergirl Co-Creator Ali Adler Inks CBS TV Studios Overall Deal, Joins Dynasty". Deadline Hollywood.