The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for academics. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Alma mater||KTH Royal Institute of Technology (Ph.D.)|
|Known for||Apache Mesos, Apache Spark, Co-founding Databricks|
|Title||CEO of Databricks|
|Thesis||Distributed k-ary System: Algorithms for Distributed Hash Tables (2006)|
|Doctoral advisor||Seif Haridi|
Ali Ghodsi is a computer scientist and entrepreneur specializing in distributed systems and big data. He is a co-founder and CEO of Databricks and an adjunct professor at UC Berkeley. Ideas from his academic research, in the area of resource management and scheduling and data caching, have been applied in popular open source projects such as Apache Mesos, Apache Spark, and Apache Hadoop.
Ghodsi received his PhD from Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) in Sweden, advised by Seif Haridi. He was a co-founder of Peerialism AB, a Stockholm-based company developing peer-to-peer systems to transport and store data on the Internet. He was also an assistant professor at KTH from 2008 to 2009.
He joined UC Berkeley in 2009 as a visiting scholar and worked with Scott Shenker, Ion Stoica, Michael Franklin, and Matei Zaharia on research projects in distributed systems, database systems, and networking. During this period, he helped start Apache Mesos and Apache Spark projects. He also published "Dominant Resource Fairness", a paper that heavily influenced resource management and scheduling design in distributed systems such as Hadoop.
- "Business Insider: The coolest people under 40 in Silicon Valley".
- "Spark processing engine more at home in cloud, Databricks CEO says".
- "Ali Ghodsi On Building A $2.7B Business And Being Considered One Of The True Founders Of Artificial Intelligence".
- "Geek Of The Week: Ali Ghodsi, CEO Of Databricks". CloudWedge. 2019-10-16. Retrieved 2019-10-19.
- "Linux.com: The Open Source Roots of Machine Learning".
- "Mesos: A Platform for Fine-Grained Resource Sharing in the Data Center" (PDF).
- "Spark SQL: Relational Data Processing in Spark" (PDF).
- "Dominant Resource Fairness: Fair Allocation of Multiple Resource Types".
- "Hadoop MapReduce Next Generation - Fair Scheduler".
- "Former SICS-researcher Ali Ghodsi new CEO of Databricks". RISE web site. January 13, 2016. Retrieved May 6, 2017.
- "Databricks Announces Changes in Leadership Team to Align With Rapid Growth". Press release. January 11, 2016. Retrieved May 6, 2017.